• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Window question

DTro

We have this dual pane w/grill window on the front of our house. The glass cracked on the upper left corner.

Can the glass be replaced on these or do I have to replace the entire slider section?

Thanks

748171613406lg.jpg

I'm sure it depends on manufacturer. If you know or can find the manufacturer I'd give them a call and see what they say. I doubt just the glass can be replaced as most of the time those frames are fused together at the joints. But depending on manufacturer they may be able to supply you with the single window, or you may need to replace the whole assembly.

It looks like the broken one is the stationary sash. They aren't as easy to swap as a operating sash.

The cheaper vinyl companies are typically harder to get replacement parts/glass for. Andersen, Marvin, and the other big companies are really, really easy to get replacement glass for. A rule of thumb with windows, if the manufacturer has their name visible somewhere on the glass/frame, their a good company. If you cant find a name, they don't want you to know its theirs.

I'm not familiar with Vinylite, but a quick google search points to Vector Windows out of Fergus Falls, MN.

DTRO, wasn't your house built by Novak-Fleck. More then likely it is a Vinyl-lite then. They also used Acorn windows too, but Acorn went out of business years ago. Donlin in St. Cloud replaced the glass in our windows. Any lumber yard should be able to get you glass to replace yours.

Yeah and how do you know they built my house??? grin

You are right though.

Thanks, for the suggestions I'll dig into it a bit further. Might be one of those things best left to pay someone else to do.

And yes its on the stationery portion, not the slider.

Yeah and how do you know they built my house??? grin

You are right though.

Thanks, for the suggestions I'll dig into it a bit further. Might be one of those things best left to pay someone else to do.

And yes its on the stationery portion, not the slider.

It is my great super sluthing ability. grin I remeber from another post of yours a year or 2 ago when you were trying to figure out your garage outlet and you mentioned they built your house. It stuck with me, since our first house was through them also. I actually built some of them out of highschool. I have known them for years. Good luck