• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wicked Tuna

Shack

Yeah it's a solid show. It seems that they don't really add in a lot of "fake" drama like most reality shows out there. They just basically show these guys doing what they do everyday without the dramatic music and far of death lurking around every turn.

I am not a huge fan of that young captain, he is a bit arrogant

I actually like that young capitan. grin.

I like the episode where they stay out all night and fish off of the sculip boat's chum trail. "Trading paint"! laugh

His crew adds a little humor to the show and they sure are kicking-but over the boats this year.

I agree,

For as bad as all those shows have gotten recently, this one SEEMS to keep it more on the real side. No manufactured story lines, no miracle catches. I like the episode where the Bounty Hunter had a fish on for 90 minutes or something like that (according to the "catch clock")and 1st mate fought it the entire time, then the captain tried to harpoon it, hit the line and cut the fish off. It was like a 20 second bleep. Poor guy, I felt for him, I'd go nuts if that happened. They hadn't caught a fish in weeks. The lady deckhand started crying, seemed like very real emotion to me.

I like the young Pinwheel captain's work ethic but he's got some growing up to do. A fun character to watch, though.

I've been to Gloucester before, very cool place and all the people are like the ones on the boats.

Those guys are on the boat for a few days at times...and only a few minutes in each episode...The editors sure do tend to only show the same conversations though - like "I'm going to beat paul, or Googans, ETC" LOL.

Would be nice if the editors changed it up a little bit and showed some actual conversation pieces rather than the bits where the captains are worried about what the other captains are doing.

They're on a boat for a couple of days at a time....It's like being in an ice shack for a few days...You know there is some good commentary eventually! smile

I agree,

For as bad as all those shows have gotten recently, this one SEEMS to keep it more on the real side. No manufactured story lines, no miracle catches. I like the episode where the Bounty Hunter had a fish on for 90 minutes or something like that (according to the "catch clock")and 1st mate fought it the entire time, then the captain tried to harpoon it, hit the line and cut the fish off. It was like a 20 second bleep. Poor guy, I felt for him, I'd go nuts if that happened. They hadn't caught a fish in weeks. The lady deckhand started crying, seemed like very real emotion to me.

I like the young Pinwheel captain's work ethic but he's got some growing up to do. A fun character to watch, though.

I've been to Gloucester before, very cool place and all the people are like the ones on the boats.

that was a 3 1/2 hour battle, but at least it was the boat owner that did it.

Also you can hear him say "through it".

I wish we could be having as many hook ups as these guys run into but in a way this fishing reminds me of catfishing for large flatheads, and besides being a show around hook and line, is a reason a big reason why I like it. Just like the Bounty Hunter and the one boat with the word Hardware in it, lost fish is a sign you are doing something wrong. One thing I noticed about the Bounty Hunter is they tend to let the fish take large amounts of drag wheres the .COM and others catching fish do not. The Hardware boat tends to do things right away that other boats catching fish do not also.

I think so many lost fish can be contributed to desperation and over monkeying around.

I watch Wicked Tuna every Sunday night, I look forward to it. That being said, they have alot of drama in that also....Like asking the buyer, "How much, how much is it worth, whats the fat content?" It seems like the bigger the fish the less they get for it no matter what.

Then they were talking about being way out at sea on the Georges Bank and spending hundreds upon hundreds in expense money and you can see the shoreline building lights in the background.

And that stuff of always arguing with the crew mates and not trusting them, I think thats to create drama? If you are really looking for it, you can find all kinds of stuff in these reality shows.

How do these boats survive on $100,000 or less for the year? With crew wages, gas, tackle, insurance, dock fees, etc.... what is left for the captain? How can it be worth the time and effort? It just does not seem profitable to me.

I was thinking the same thing? With all of the expense, how do they make any money? Even for the top guys, Pin Wheel and Tuna.com, after all the expense, thats not alot of scratch they are making? Now if the season is like 6 weeks long, that would be a different story. The deck guys from Glouster should go out the the oil fields in North Dakota.... my buddy is out there and one month with O.T. he made over $30,000.00.

They have to fish for more than one species based on the seasons. This is only one of them. I can't believe that they run those boats as a business for only two months a year.

They probably all take out charters as well. Last season they showed one boat taking out a charter in the middle of tuna season.