• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

i was looking into buying a o/u and seen a cz mallard and some of the others they have i was just wandering if these are good shotguns and looking to see if anyone has one and how they liked or disliked them

was at game fair this past year and wanted to look at - and potentially purchase a 20 ga model for one of my boys.

the head Rep at CZ booth did not have the time or day for me....pretty arrogant. Too bad, lost the sale of the gun. would never look at CZ's again.

ended up getting 2 shot guns for him. Got a Beretta Ultra light 20 ga and a Browning BPS 20 ga. He loves them both.

There are better guns out there than the CZ's

Too bad about the indifferent sales fella. The CZ line of firearms has a very good reputation. The guns are made, as I recall, primarily in Turkey and emphasize value for the dollar and excellent workmanship. I do not own a CZ but have handled several O/U's and have a brother who bought a nice grade O/U and it is a fine shotgun.

Were I in the market I would give the line a long careful look and compare prices with the other makers. From what I hear you "get a lot of gun for the money."

thanks for the info about the shotgun it is terrible about how the sales rep acted but i plan on buying from a retail store so i might have to check it out further thanks guys

was at game fair this past year and wanted to look at - and potentially purchase a 20 ga model for one of my boys.

the head Rep at CZ booth did not have the time or day for me....pretty arrogant. Too bad, lost the sale of the gun. would never look at CZ's again.

ended up getting 2 shot guns for him. Got a Beretta Ultra light 20 ga and a Browning BPS 20 ga. He loves them both.

There are better guns out there than the CZ's

I was there too, and you are right, they were jacka$$es. I was trying to show my son the different shotguns that they had and what made them different, and the guy kept hounding me like I was going to take one and run. When I did have a question, he was a jerk.

On another note, I do like their guns. Seems to me the guns have more personality than the people working for the company!

the reason behind Knapp shooting one is $$$! CZ offered Knapp more $$ than Benelli.

Knapp could grab any shot gun and shoot well.

Are they nice guns... yes.

Tom Knapp has a reputation to uphold too ad if a gun will not preform to his standards he will not endorse or use it. Yes I'm sure money had something to do with it but that's not the only reason.

Take a close look at the CZ line then look at the Weaterby line wink

I own a auto CZ that my wife bought me a few years back when they first came out. LOVE IT!! light and easy. Down side to it is the loading and un loading part. One shell at a time. Would like to see about getting a turkey choke for it but cant find one. Who makes these? Someone told me that Beretta does. Love to get a jellyhead or Undertaker choke for it. thanks (57)

I guess I'm misunderstanding something. You regret you can "only load one shell at a time." Huh? Which model? An over/under you drop two shells at a time. Ha Ha Ha.

The guns are made pretty much by Huglu, a Turkish firm with a long history and good reputations.

Cz's are a well made shotgun and there is a reason behind Tom Napp using them wink. A lot of gun for the price also.

Well I will add Tom Knapp went to school with my mom and my dad is friends with him and shot with him for a long time. He is a great guy and and uses great products. You can't hold world records with junk.

Okay! Okay! I finally got the "one shell at a time"complaint. Ya gotta cycle the action to unload the auto. Okay.

Even more reason to go for the O/U and have a shorter, lighter, quicker pointing gun that is foolproof. And waaayyyy better looking. Ha Ha Ha!

I like my auto though. Its better with 3 shots than with 2. For instance, what if you put the sneak on a bunch of Coots and the limit is more than 3. WOULDNT you like to have the extra shell to bust another!! LOL

Ceska Zbrojovka, CZ's are made in the czech republic. They have the worlds largest gun manufacturing facility and all "cz" guns are made there. They also own Dan Wesson(great, great 1911) and a couple others.

I would take a CZ, pretty much any model any type they make. Their guns are durable and well fitted.

The mallards are cool, I was planning on getting a ringneck myself, just something classic about the ole sideXside.

PS: their rifles are crazy accurate.

I own a auto CZ that my wife bought me a few years back when they first came out. LOVE IT!! light and easy. Down side to it is the loading and un loading part. One shell at a time. Would like to see about getting a turkey choke for it but cant find one. Who makes these? Someone told me that Beretta does. Love to get a jellyhead or Undertaker choke for it. thanks (57)

I have a Beretta ExtremaII and bought my son a CZ 712 ALS last year and I have a truglo poly choke that I originally bought for myself that he put on his gun and the thread patterns are the same so I suspect you can use anything made for the ExtremaII if that helps.

Just to be totally clear about who makes CZ shotguns, If believe you will find that Huglu, a well respected Turkish company, supplies shotguns to CZ. I do not know if there is any final finishing work or other effort by CZ. From what I know CZ needed to broaden its line and the Turkish fellas were right there. Fine Turkish walnut stock work has been a little know secret for a long time. And I guess Huglu's metal work ain't bad either.

Regardless, the concensus all 'round is that the CZ line offers nice quality at a decent price. And they DO make some mighty pretty little doubles!!

Enjoy.

Jdog, I bought the gun you cite about 2 years ago from a local store with a super helpful owner. I love it, although the double triggers take a bit of practice to master. I hunt mostly pheasant and don't shoot much trap. He said the gun would be fine for that use. If you shoot a lot of trap, he said to upgrade to the B guns. It also is a very nice looking gun. I would buy it again without hesitation.

Ahhhhhh yes....the THIRD shot.

The ammunition sellers really love that THIRD shot!!!

Roosters and big drakes looovee that third shot. They call it the "laughing all the way out of range shot."

The dogs just sit down and cover their eyes with their paws and go...."oh no, he didn't! Not again!"

I bought my wife a CZ .410 SXS for our 30th anniversary and she loves it. It's mainly used for grouse and a bunny or 2 here and there. Beautiful wood and a fine metal to wood fit. Really an extra nice shotgun and hers says it was made in Turkey.