• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Terrova with iPilot Link

shiltsy

Thinking about upgrading my 'Kota cable drive trolling motor on the ZX190. I thought the iPilot was cool, but with the Link functionality they recently released, it's game over!

Anyone tried this combo out yet? I already have two Humminbird finders connected with Interlink, so might be interesting to get this all networked together.

I switched from a cable drive to a terrova and it just happened to be the year I started bass fishing. Personally I liked the cable drive for bass fishing a lot better, much faster and better response. The terrova when trying to fish docks or timber is much harder to control the boat.

There's a similar thread on BBC. I'll sum up 20 pages of comments: Terrova w/iPilot is the best for open water or moving along a line; the cable drive is better for naigating thick stuff due to its quicker turning response.

Really good point on responsiveness of the cable drive.... can't tell you how many times I've had to swing mine around and hammer on the "throttle to avoid hitting tree, dock, boat, etc.

I still might be willing to give up the quick response for a system that connects to my GPS and follows an underwater contour line.