• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gander Mountain to Open Firearms 'Super Center' in Minn.

bd477

Quote:
Gander Mountain is opening a firearms “super center” in Rogers, Minn., according to an announcement by the company Friday morning.

The store will be the first of its kind for the state. It’s slated to open in late April near Interstate 94 and Highway 101.

The store will focus specifically on firearms, accessories, ammunition and security.

Gander Mountain is a Minnesota-based company and its headquarters are in St. Paul.

The Rogers store will be Gander Mountain’s 12th location in Minnesota.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S2988034.shtml?cat=1

Now if they would just bring their pricing down a bit, they may actually get a few people in the store! whistle

+1

Even better then that how about if they actually put a price on an item so at least you would know how much more expensive they are.

Duluth Gander has the above problems as well. Prices way to high, many times not stocked for the season and even had problems buying a hunting license from time to time. Most of the time, I end up buying from a local gun store in Superior, L and M in Cloquet or Rapids, Cabela's in Rogers or Fleet Farm in the cities or Brainerd. Wish they would bring a Fleet Farm to Duluth or bring back Sportsman's Warehouse to Minnesota.

Duluth Gander has the above problems as well. Prices way to high, many times not stocked for the season and even had problems buying a hunting license from time to time. Most of the time, I end up buying from a local gun store in Superior, L and M in Cloquet or Rapids, Cabela's in Rogers or Fleet Farm in the cities or Brainerd. Wish they would bring a Fleet Farm to Duluth or bring back Sportsman's Warehouse to Minnesota.

I agree on Sportsman's Warehouse.

Duluth one is bad. " many times not stocked for the season" YES! went in there to buy turkey decoys didnt have the one i wanted asked when they would get a new shipment in. said not till fall!? they should get a scheels up here!

i wouldnt be surprised if gander was out of business in the next 5 years i think they have really gone the wrong direction so many of there stores have little camo or are out of stock of something. With cabelas building in woodbury and bass pro wanting to come to town gonna be tough for gander.

I look at it as a showcase so to speak. Go in there to figure out what you want and then order the gun online from someone who actually has a respectable price.
Yep. that is the trend that is killing Best Buy. If they don't fix that they will not survive.

I agree on Sportsmans warehouse.

Yeah the Fargo Gander Mtn has pretty much turned into a yuppy clothing store!! Plus their prices are actually higher than Scheels (which I never could have imagined because Scheels is a joke)on most items! Thank god for Mills in Fargo and L&M in Detroit Lakes!!

I went to Gander in St Cloud last week.

They had .380 auto ammo for $28 for 50 rounds. I told the guy he can keep em at that price.

I found the same loads at Walmart in Monticello for $16 a few days after that.

I sure wouldnt want to be in Gander management right about now with that new gun shop going in Rogers... talk about HORRIBLE timing to open a gun superstore.

What a no win situation IMO.

A couple winters ago I was wanting to purchase an FL-22 and wasn't having much luck locally finding one. Called the Gander Mountain in Eau Claire which is about an hour and a half away. They had a few there. I asked if I could purchase it over the phone with my debit card or credit card as my parents were in Eau Claire that day and could stop and pick it up for me. The sales associate told me that I could not do that, but I could order it online. I said "okay, if I order it online can my parents stop by and pick it up today then?" He told me that no, because I would be ordering it online another one would need to be shipped from another location to their store within a week, and then it could be picked up at their store. DOH! They lost out on a $600+ sale that day! I pretty much stay away from there now. Thankfully there is a Scheels in Eau Claire also, and they have been great to deal with. I do wish I lived closer to Reed's though, they were fantastic on several guns I purchased there when I lived in Grand Rapids. I just ordered a rifle from them on Saturday and am having it shipped to my local FFL. I anticipate a very smooth transaction and couldn't ask for a better price, unless it was free of course.

I just wish Fleet Farm would build something near my area. The closest Gander is 2 hours away from me. Same with Scheels and Cabelas is even farther away.

I know that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere, but geez, It'd be cool to have a Mills within 50 miles of my little house on the prairie.

I just wish Fleet Farm would build something near my area. The closest Gander is 2 hours away from me. Same with Scheels and Cabelas is even farther away.

I know that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere, but geez, It'd be cool to have a Mills within 50 miles of my little house on the prairie.

+1 I know the feeling Eric.

I'm in Iowa and they built a Bass Pro not far from me. What a disappointment! More like a yuppie clothing store. Everybody thought they's put Sportsmans Warehouse and Sheel's out of business. Not a chance! Both of those stores carry more things I'm interested in. I was in the Twin Cities recently and went to a Mill's Fleet Farm. I was very surprised at their inventory. Sure wish we'd get a Mills here.

I have seen that Gander Mountain is way better priced then cabelas and now I have both stores within 20 minutes of my house with the arrival of Gander in Rogers.

Does anybody know if they will carry fishing gear and other things or is it just strictly firearms? I always liked Ganders' bass fishing selection.

JPenny, I agree although I have never been to a Bass Pro it seems similar to Cabelas a yuppy clothing store with some guns and fishing gear, alls those stores are becoming are tourist traps! I stick to the specailty stores like Thorne Bros, Reeds, and Christophersons' have what you need and no extra talk!! The stores that actually have what anglers and hunters need will stay in business even with the giants like Cabelas and Bass Pro around!