• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bachelor Party Fishing Trip Suggestions

B17

Hello all,

Coming this September I will be tying the knot. But before that, I get to have my bachelor party. Ive decided I want to do a weekend fishing trip. June 1st and 2nd is the plan.

What Im looking for is a good lake, medium sized, that rents boats for a day/weekend, and I somewhere we can camp on-site or close by.

Looking to fish for a little bit of everything I guess. Main focus being bass, pike, walleye.

Any suggestions?

I went on a launch on Mille Lacs last summer for a bachelor party. It was probably the best bachelor party I've ever been to. Big positives - no one was in charge of driving the boat and everyone could enjoy as many frosty beverages as they wanted without worrying about driving. Also the guys that weren't really fisherman still caught fish and had a blast because it was bobber fishing and the deckhand rebaited jigs and took care of unhooking fish. Doesn't really involve the camping that you wanted, but I would do something like that again without hesitation.

Could also hire a guide service to accomodate a fishing and camping trip. I've been involved with these sorts of activities in the past, and have always had a great time! PM me for some ideas and pricing if your interested... Congrats BTW

I'd also recommend a launch on Mille Lacs. It's close enough to the Cities (I see you're from Bloomington) to make a two-day trip worthwhile without spending 12 hours in a car, and as the previous poster mentioned, you can easily accommodate large parties without worrying about DUI issues. Plus, if you do a night trip, you should be able to catch some fish.

I'd recommend one Mille Lacs launch in particular, but I happen to work the boats in the summer, so I might be a bit biased. smile

i went on a HSOforum that you will see when you search for vacation rentals by owner. me and my buddies rented a large fancy home on Lake vermillion for 5 days the cost was low. Ten of us was like 225 each for food and lodging, they rented boats on their own from local resorts on the lake. Was very fun and we did not have the constraints you do of being in a resort with other people and families trying to have a relaxing weekend

I know it't not exactly what you're looking for in your original post but I would consider a charter on Superior or Lake Michigan for Trout/Salmon. You'll have a blast and it will most likely be something new for most in your group. Late summer is the best time for fishing on these lakes too.

I'd agree with trout/salmon on the great lakes. More of an adventure. Mille lacs is fun, but where are you going to go after? Blue goose? Unless it's fishing opener or a holiday, that place is not going to compare to bigger, less remote venues. And the selection is... limited.

It's might be out of your price range, but renting a houseboat on Rainy Lake would be an awesome bachelor party. Not as expensive when you can divide the cost over 8-10 guys.

If not, I would give a nod to doing a launch at LOTW.

If you do a launch on LOW pay for the full day trip, not just a half. Did a half day during the hatch and it was terrible. Guys that did a full day were able to head north and hammer them. Theres some decent night time fun up there too with all the resorts and bars on the water. I had fun on the one I went too, just didnt catch a fish.

I went on a night launch on Mille Lacs quite a few years ago and it was a blast! To be honest I didn't catch any fish but other people did. Our group did just a little bit too much pre-partying so once we actually got on the boat (about 9pm) things were a little blurry. I wish I could remember who we went through but we stayed at a small motel and were able to walk out to the boat. We had a group of 6-8 people but the boat we were on had a bunch of other people on it too. I want to say there was at least 15-20 people on it. It was a blast, but I would tone down the drinking next time lol. No clue what it costed either, I was still a teenager then so my Dad paid for everything.

I mentioned the launch out on Mille Lacs - I don't know the rules about recommending specific services here, but it was one out of the west side of the lake and the cost was around $525 (plus tip) for 4 hours and I think we could have up to 20 guys on the boat we took out. We thought about a longer trip but that was plenty of time to catch fish and have a good time - especially for the guys that aren't die hard fisherman. Plus, we did an afternoon trip and wanted to go out to eat afterwards. If you do go this route I'd recommend letting the service know that you are a bachelor party...we did that but still had a 12-13 year old deckhand that got quite the education after the drinks started flowing. We had a friend pick us up in a big van and drive us to Brainerd after fishing because there really isn't much that we wanted to do in Garrison afterwards. There might be party bus options to consider too.

Thanks guys.

Ive settled on Winnie. Going to stay at a motel and rent a boat from Williams Narrows most likely. Cheaper this way.

The launch would be cool but Im trying to make this a full weekend.

We went to Chaimberlain SD for my brothers stag party last April. We stayed at Allen's Hillside. They took 8 of us out in 2 boats. Brand new Lund 20 footers. All the tackle bait and old Milwaukee's best we could drink! We caught our 10 limits of 4 walleyes and and 10 limits of 5 smallmouth by noon (guides let us catch their fish). Fishing was $100 per guy for the whole day, and hotel was cheap. I think it cost me $300 for everything that weekend. Everyone had a blast and said it was the best bachelor party they'd ever been to.

Another vote here for the Mille Lacs Launch.

Did this last August for my buddies Bachelor Party and it was awesome. There were 35-40 of us and a party bus picked us up at our small town bar, we headed to Mille Lacs for the afternoon, brought a couple kegs out on the launch and had a blast. After fishing the bus took us to a few bars in Brainerd then back to our small town bars where we started.

The launch we took was out of twin pines and they pretty much let us do whatever we wanted to, let's just say it was a blast and I'd go into detail but they are pretty "fuzzy".

So I had it all set. Was going to be me, my dad, and buddy from high school.

Turns out my dad needs emergency bypass surgery and goes in tomorrow. The trip was to start this Saturday. He insisted over and over that I still go. I was hesitant but he really wanted me to go.

Then my buddy cancels....today.

I really hate it when people bail on fishing man. The DNR should fine you for that.

I dont know if I should be tooling around Winnie by myself.

...wait, is this an open casting call for guys to go on a bachelor weekend? Why not!

On a side note, sorry to hear about your dad. I hope that it all works out well and I'm sure that he really does want you to go have fun versus sitting around worrying about him. That's what I would want.

Hello all,

Coming this September I will be tying the knot. But before that, I get to have my bachelor party. Ive decided I want to do a weekend fishing trip. June 1st and 2nd is the plan.

What Im looking for is a good lake, medium sized, that rents boats for a day/weekend, and I somewhere we can camp on-site or close by.

Looking to fish for a little bit of everything I guess. Main focus being bass, pike, walleye.

Any suggestions?

You have your whole life to fish. Go get a STD instead!!!! Cause you wont be doing that anymore.

Prayers sent to your dad for a fast and healthy recovery.