• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weights/Sinkers

RawHog

Last fall my 5-box bass tacklebox began overflowing so I got a new tacklebox that is double the size of the old. I threw all my stuff in there last fall and havent really looked hard at what i have, until now. And OHH man, as you can see, my plano trey dedicated to weights is pathetic!

Here is all that I have

IMGP6731_zps9fa04609.jpg

Looking at this got me thinking, what do you guys keep in your tackle box as far as weights?

I feel like I could use more dropshot weights, seeing that I only have one 3/8 spherical weight and 1 size of long-drop-shots.

I could definitely step my game up with flipping weights too.. I have some bullet sinkers but not many sizes and they are only really useful pulling horizontally/toward the boat, not the thick weed cover. Those fat little clacker-bullets( as I will call them occasionally) are what I have been using for flipping/punching.

I could probably also use something well-designed to peg my weights especially when punching. I love(hate) when just my weight falls and my bait stays atop weeds.

Sorry, Old Timers, I have no interest in using toothpicks for anything but my teeth.

Bullshots are 1 option I know of for pegging, but there must be a better option. I do have normal split shots as well on the boat for stupid-rigs. But What other weights do you guys use and think other people including myself, may want to add to their weight/sinker collection?

And don't forget how to use them!

I label my weight box 'terminal' so ive got hooks, jig heads, weights, bobber stops all in the same box. One thing I noticed with yours though is that there is ZERO 1\2oz + weights!

The bobber stops I use are the rubber ones that slide onto your line. I think they are called peg-it or something. They are cheap but effective

I use those too Craigums and they are called Peg-it they come in a couple different sizes. 15 pack is $2-$3. I also use the screw in tungsten bullet weights. Those are a bit spendy but I think you can get so much more "feel" of the bottom type and they are smaller in size for comparable lead weight. I only use tungsten weights for drop shotting for that reason. At a glance looks like you have the basics.

Good Fishing!,

I have a terminal tackle box that has all this stuff in one place pretty much. I use the Falcon hook and sinker boxes, which do work great, but don't fit the best in tackle bags since they're a non-standard size.

For sinkers, I don't think you need them in 1/16 oz increments or anything. I think I have bullet sinkers in 1/16, 3/16, 3/8 and 1/2 oz, plus 1 or 1-1/4 oz punching sinkers. I have more drop shot weight sizes because I'm a little pickier about that than I am bullet sinker weights.

For stops, Top Brass Peg-its work, as do garden variety bobber stops as Cecil mentioned. I use Vike smart pegs and like them a lot, which is good...because I ordered a bunch when they were on sale a while back, and the description said "10 pack" so I ordered quite a few, not realizing "10 pack" in this case meant "10 packs of 10." SO I pretty much have a lifetime supply. blush