• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Suckers

Considering that Trout Opener for the rest of us is in 2 weekends and usually the River I fish is FULL of suckers by then I think you should still have some now. They may be slow but drift a chunk of crawler under their snout and they should bite.

Gordie,

Where do you go in at?

I was throwing my fly line down on the Rum last night just for practice. It is open close to where I live in Nowthen/Oak Grove Area.

Love fishing that river.

-Joe

Anyplace I can walk to, I also like to fish right in town.

I would like to try some of the feeder creeks as well. They are pretty swelled up right now though and muddy (the ones I can see from the road).

Trott and Ford Brook are real close to me, but a lot of the spots I would like to try are private property. I have seriously considered throwing on the waders and giving it a go though.

If you try any, I would be very interested in what you find.

-Joe

suckers are cool, but they sure can be fussy at times

more than once I've run into small schools of them in clear water and bounced wiggling crawlers off their heads with no reaction at all

but whenever I do catch one they put up a heck of fight

added to my species list last spring when I finally caught a hogsucker- awesome looking fish!