• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 HSO.com Member Substitute Sign Up

Borch

Every year we have a few individuals who have good intentions but things come up where they are unable to participate in the turkey contest they are signed up for.

So we have have a substitute pool to draw from where we randomly draw a person to fill the spot from those who might have missed the original deadline.

Sign up here and if your lucky enough to shoot a nice bird complete the photo requirements, form, etc and post in the entry thread. If we have no shows I will draw from the available pool. If you have a bird entered, great. If you hunt later great. If you had to eat your tag...well it's still good. Cheer on your new team mates.

Stick, keep in mind that the current list of scrubs, um, subs is really, really weak. The one guy who's signed up so far is kinda like the last kid to make the junior high basketball team- can't dribble, can't shoot, and has no court sense whatsoever! You should have appropriately low expectations for that guy!

Yeah, but that scrub is going to bowhunt. Can you imagine? I mean trying to shoot a turkey with ARCHERY tackle? shocked What'r the odds of THAT happening? grin

Yeah, but that scrub is going to bowhunt. Can you imagine? I mean trying to shoot a turkey with ARCHERY tackle? shocked What'r the odds of THAT happening? grin

I know you have better odds at sticking a Sasquatch,I have been trying for years and just can't get it done. laugh

LOL- I've never shot or even hunted turkeys, so I'm pretty sure I'll make plenty of rookie mistakes. However, I'm going to give it the ol' college try with stick and string! I'm not a gun hunter, but I have to admit the run and gun approach used with shotgun does appeal to me. I'd love to be able to run and gun like the shotgunners, but use my bow. By the sounds of it, the two don't work very well together.

You can do it and if sitting in your blind for hours on end isn't your thing, I'd actually recommend you do. It's supposed to be fun and there's no right or wrong way. Will your odds at success be lower? Probably, but you'll be doing it the way you enjoy & when you connect after 10 or 20 failed attempts, it'll be highly rewarding! laugh

Get out in front of them, have some really good cover to hide in, have a decoy out front to take their attention, and pick the right time to draw. Piece of cake! smile

That may be how it ends up happening! If my kids are along it'll mostly be sitting in the big ol' blind I made for Tom. If not, I may have to stretch my legs and get busted a few times...

Pikefisher 09. You were on our team last year and said you got a bird but never took the time to enter it. It would have put us in 1st place. If you get on a team this year please help them out if you get a bird. DrJ......

Hey Stick, you can have Scoot, we'll take Wally. whistlegrin

Ouch- fighing over who doesn't get stuck with me! Dang, this is like in 6th grade when I was the last kid picked for kick ball! "You take him." "No way, he sucks!" "Well we don't want him" wink Well I showed them all when I went 1/9 with a bad azz bunt single in my third chance at the plate!!! grinlaughblush

Pikefisher 09. You were on our team last year and said you got a bird but never took the time to enter it. It would have put us in 1st place. If you get on a team this year please help them out if you get a bird. DrJ......

Sorry about that a family member unexpectedly passed away right around that time and i became very busy with school and sports, I also was confused about how to go about getting it registered but i am all clear now. Don't just assume that it was negligence.

Pikefisher09. Sorry to here you lost a loved one last spring. Maybe they would let you join our team 3 this year so you can enter the bird you get this year. Take Care DrJ.......