• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikes 2013 Draft

FutbolGuru

So far I like the draft. Shariff, Rhodes, and Patterson looks like some nice talent and potential. I hope Patterson can develop into a player as exciting as Harvin. I hope all the first round picks are hits and they can get a surprise in the late rounds.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patterson pick is absolutely terrible!! To say he is raw is a HUGE understatement. Little chance Ponder can get him the ball or that Musgrave can coach him up. We could have got a really good reciever or MLB at 52. Probably could have taken a flyer on the Honeybun in the 3rd. Another reciever or pass catching RB.

Once again New England doops us into a bogus deal. Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Aruthur Brown, Teo, someone would have been there.

Awful!

Ponder shouldn't have a hard time getting the ball to Patterson. His playbook will probably start out small screens, reverses, occasionally out of the backfield and kick returner for awhile. He needs to learn how to run better routes and read defenses before we turn him loose.

I'm pumped we didn't draft the catfish hunter.

The Patterson pick is absolutely terrible!! To say he is raw is a HUGE understatement. Little chance Ponder can get him the ball or that Musgrave can coach him up. We could have got a really good reciever or MLB at 52. Probably could have taken a flyer on the Honeybun in the 3rd. Another reciever or pass catching RB.

Once again New England doops us into a bogus deal. Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, Aruthur Brown, Teo, someone would have been there.

Awful!

I agree with this, don't know if I would say it is a terrible pick, but I certainly don't care for it. Too big of a question mark to give up that many picks. Not to mention ponder has a wet noodle for an arm and Pattersons speed will do no good unless he makes everything for himself. I would have rather seen the vikes wait and possibly move up in the second to take Woods or a big, polished, possession receiver that can catch anything that is thrown near him.

I absolutely love the first two picks though.

Buck - please explain when New England has duped us previously. What is wrong with this? All is speculation at this point.

Ah how bout the time Chilly needed Randy Moss and NE dumped him on us.

Whats wrong? We pick 3 times from 1-102. Before the trade we were gonna pick 5 times from 1-102. We could have built more VALUE trading up in 2 and 3 and not giving away everything. There is ZERO guarentee Patterson is any good. I would have rather had 5-6 guys to pick from than 3. Patterson wasnt even the best WR from TN. Maybe he has more talent but what does it matter if he doesnt know how to use it. Give me a smart reciever with less ability over a guy with tons of ability and no football smarts any day.

And yeah,lets bring in Dansby. We might as well have kept Brinkley.

We certainly didn't give the "farm" to NE for Patterson...we basically gave them our 3rd and 4th round picks to move up an entire round. We still have another 4th and 2 other 7th rounders...not to mention a 5 and 6 for depth.

Patterson will be "raw" for awhile but Ricky filled three positions of need with one player...WR, KR, and PR. Get the ball in his hands and let him make the plays everybody says he's able to make. His size and speed alone will get a safety off the LOS immediately...giving AP and our running game yet another advantage.

If they can somehow get either Kiko Alonso, AJ Klein, or Bostic with the remaining picks that would be awesome. Any of the three could be day one starters at MLB.

The rest of the picks will be depth positions/special teamers at OL, CB,LB, S and such.

Three day one starters in the 1st round...hard to argue with that!

Kenjon Barner in the 5th would be icing on the cake!!!

The Bill Walsh value charts that are available on a few websites list the 29th pick as worth 640 pts, the sum of the picks traded to N.E. totaled 647. I guess if the kid was a more polished WR, I'd like it a little more, but we'll see if he pans out. I do like the first two choices.

Wow... Great draft! Spielman worked his magic once again. 3 1st round picks and all are rated higher than where we drafted them. Yes, we still need a middle linebacker, but we got 3 great players in rd 1. The vikings had the #1 draft in the entire NFL! Awesome!

Patterson averaged 16.9yds per reception in his ONE year in D1 football. Expect that average to drop considerably with Ponder throwing (and I use that term loosely) to him.

You know you're absolutely correct. That is until Ponder is no more in '14. Next year they sell the farm for Bridgewater.

I like Patterson, he has huge potential. Much more upside then any other receiver in the draft. At worst he will be a stud on special teams. He can run Mosses routes. Go deep! He will open the running game, and open the field for Jennings.

Day one,

Floyd

Rhodes

Patterson

No one can complain about that. But, day 2 will not turn out very well for us.

Why the heck do you negatives even watch the Vikes? Jeeeze! Seems like it's only so you have someting to bark about to make yourselves feel better. Save a few years off your lives and find a new hobby. There's a lot more you could do on Sundays that won't cause you so much grief.

Why the heck do you negatives even watch the Vikes? Jeeeze! Seems like it's only so you have someting to bark about to make yourselves feel better. Save a few years off your lives and find a new hobby. There's a lot more you could do on Sundays that won't cause you so much grief.

Exactly what I was thinking. Change your face, be happy, enjoy it. 3 excellent value picks in the first round!! Name some players we've got in the 3rd and 4th round the last few years. You're gambling in those rounds. 1st round picks pan out. I'm happy as heck.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Awful!

You're just saying that because all of your predictions didn't pan out. laugh

Considering Patterson runs much like an RB, caught a bunch of dump passes like Harvin, I'd say, from what I saw on tape he's going to end up being exactly what Ponder needs. Not so much this year but the following year.

I would have rather seen the vikes wait and possibly move up in the second to take Woods or a big, polished, possession receiver that can catch anything that is thrown near him.

Ummmmm, that's why the Vikes signed Greg Jennings smile

Floyd: From Florida, has character issues, and fell through the first round into the Vikings lap.

Sound familiar?

Yeah, Randy Moss and Percy Harvin. Both worked out well for us when they were here and when they were traded.

Aren't you three the same negative nellies who were whining about the Vikes being awful around this time last year as well.

Then they go 10-6 and make the playoffs.:)