• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vikes 2013 Draft

FutbolGuru

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the way it sounds we should be able to get a decent WR in the second rd. Personally i would like two defensive picks in the first. Doesnt really matter what position to me... I guess a stud MLB would be my #1 want. If they were to go DL or Secondary i would be fine with that too

Ogletree and Sheldon Richardson would be ideal...both probably off the board by #23.

T'eo and Sly Williams are more realistic.

It wouldn't suprise me to see them go defense with their 1st 3 picks.

I sure hope they can pick up a guy (3rd down back) that can help replace some of what Percy brought to the table. Somebody like Kenjon Barner(quick, elusive, and great YAC) with one of their 4th/5th rounders.

I would like to see us go 23. DT (Star Lotulelei) if he somehow magically falls, which I highly doubt, or best available. Then I would go 25. QB, which they wont, not in a million years. So instead I would take my middle LB, unless they can get their guy in the second. Then I would take one of my 2 recievers.

In the second I would take WR or MLB

In the third WR

Fourth, Honeybadger (cause he is a good athlete and a terrible human and we love those types and we need someone to pick up the peace pipe that percy left) Bryant McKinnie, Randy Moss, Chris Cook, Percy. He could be high risk/high reward, but cheap and do KR. We could always trade him like Harvin.

Fourth And Zep I couldnt agree more. A guy like Barner would be great. Recieving back is something we have missed since Chester left.

5-7 I would love to see us get a new punter. If I wanted to get lectures on humanity and play video games I would go back to the U. Maybe wouldnt mind seeing them use 1 or 2 of these picks to move up in other rounds.

Haha... +1 @ Zepman

I can't wait to see what happens. Our two first rounders significantly improved the squad last year. Obviously having the 3rd overall picked helped, but Im excited to see who they bring in this time around.

Im guessing LB and DT in the first. Youd think they almost have to go LB since we did nothing in FA there... and it appears that mocks are projecting a couple solid DTs to still be around at that point.

I just hope that they hold place with 23 & 25 and don't trade up to get a player. There is plenty of talent to be had with our picks and I think they need to go Outside WR and then MLB. Anyone they pick for DT is going to see limited playing time this year with the platoon system the Vikings use, so they can wait til the second to pick someone for the D Line there. Use the picks to shore up the middle and someone to catch the ball. Get Winfield to resign and with a stud MLB, Winnfield and Greenway have a major affect on other teams running game. Now if they would just get rid of Henderson and find a good replacement for him, they would be pretty solid.

I hope they dont trade up either. I wouldnt mind seeing them trade back on one of those picks and get a few more and then bundle later with some of our later picks to move up into the second third and fourth round.

One of those early donkey teams will most likely move back into the first round to try and get a QB. This class doesnt really have studs like last year, but it has a ton of good solid starters. Next year when Clowney, Bridgewater, Manzel and Marquis Lee come out it will look more like a normal draft. I expect a lot of trades this year.

Tons of potential to get good solid starters in 2-4 this year.

I dont know why everyone thinks we need a CB so bad. Cook and Robinson arent that bad. We didnt do a very good job at getting pressure on the QB last year (see playoff game). I am guessing our front 7 will improve this year over last. That should help the guys in the secondary. I would be willing to give those guys another year. They are young yet.

Vikes need another corner no doubt. Especially if that means Trufant or Rhodes. No way their passing them up at 23.

But they won't be there so its going to be Ogletree or Brown if they are there. If not then wr Hopkins. If Hopkins at 23 Then either Minter or Teo. Spielman won't let Teo get past 25. After that who knows what he's got up his sleeve.

I'd like to see them take a Dt at 23 then trade 25 for a mid 2nd and a 3rd.

1st

DT

2nd

MLB

CB (or wr)

3rd

CB (or wr or s)

OG

4th

DT

WR

5th

P (crazy but I'm not sold on Sirshanksalot)

Then who knows

I dont know why everyone thinks we need a CB so bad. Cook and Robinson arent that bad. We didnt do a very good job at getting pressure on the QB last year (see playoff game). I am guessing our front 7 will improve this year over last. That should help the guys in the secondary. I would be willing to give those guys another year. They are young yet.

Well, we lost our starting CB from last year....and we have no starting MLB on the roster.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Plenty of top quality WRs & LBs in the draft not enough of the premium type to be around when we draft. Quality WRs and LBs are deep and can be drafted later at a better value.

A few more of the premium CBs and DTs in this draft so they should be around when we draft in the 1st, unless a big run goes on them.

After the draft, I wouldn't mind signing Duran Carter...Cris Carter's kid. If he's talented enough to be recruited by Ohio St. and Alabama, he's good enough to start off on the practice squad and see what he can develop into.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21455494

WR and MLB. If we draft a CB or a DL, he will be on the bench half the time...no way can you use your #1s on part time guys. You can pick up quality CBs and DTs in the 2nd and 3rd. I would love to see them bundle all of their 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders for anything. Math tells us the late rounders so rarely make an impact they are almost worthless. yes, there are exceptions (just like there are non-drafted exceptions), but I feel you are better off moving up than keeping the picks. Name the last 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders that have made a truly meaningful impact on the Vikes. However, there are 3 exceptions....K, P, and long snapper. If you need one of those, then keep one of the late rounders and draft one. I, too, am sick of the goofball punter they have..get rid of him and draft a stud in the 5th round if there is one.

In this league you need a bare minimum of 3 good corners. With the 3 and 4 reciever sets we see all the time, we are in a nickle and dime defense as much as we are in a base, sometimes more. I think both cook and Robinson have potential, but Cook can't stay on the field and Robinson tailed off the last 3 games. We all saw what happend when AJ Jefferson or Marcus Sherels played... the ball went right to the person they were covering.

Having said that, I do agree that we need major help at MLB (obviously), DT and WR. I keep hearing that the vikings are interested in Sylvester Williams. We'll see, I'm just glad we have 2 first round picks!

WR and MLB. If we draft a CB or a DL, he will be on the bench half the time...no way can you use your #1s on part time guys. You can pick up quality CBs and DTs in the 2nd and 3rd. I would love to see them bundle all of their 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders for anything. Math tells us the late rounders so rarely make an impact they are almost worthless. yes, there are exceptions (just like there are non-drafted exceptions), but I feel you are better off moving up than keeping the picks. Name the last 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders that have made a truly meaningful impact on the Vikes. However, there are 3 exceptions....K, P, and long snapper. If you need one of those, then keep one of the late rounders and draft one. I, too, am sick of the goofball punter they have..get rid of him and draft a stud in the 5th round if there is one.

I agree that late round picks don't usually work out, but sometimes you can find a contriubtor.

Jamarca Sanford Rd 7

Jasper Brinklye Rd 5

John Sullivan Rd 6 (starter with big contract now)

Letroy Guion Rd 5

Tyler Thigpen Rd 7

Going back a ways, but starters... Matt Birk Rd 6, Pete Bercich Rd 7 (only started 2 games, but special teams capt), Everett Lindsey Rd 5, Brad Johnson Rd 9, Eddie McDaniel Rd 5, Todd Scott Rd 6, Brian Habib Rd 10, Darrel Fullington Rd 5, Rick Fenney Rd 8, Jessie Solomon Rd 12, Hassan Jones Rd 5, etc...

This is a passing league. Getting a CB that can take away one side of the field can give the rest of the defense a huge advantage. With the way teams are spreading out the defenses the emphasis is going to be on paying a premium for quality cornerbacks over DE's.

I would like all of you to go back and look at the two season the Giants won the Superbowl over the Patriots. The Giants D-line was on fire for both of those games and the entire post season. They didnt allow Brady and the most pass happy offense ever, do much of anything. They constantly harrassed him and hurried his throws. They beat other pass happy teams like the Packers.

They didnt have the greatest corners or safeties and they had middle school teachers playing LB. What they did have was a tremedous defensive line. That constant pressure with the front four completely puzzled those other teams. Look at the Ravens this year. Paul Kruger, Nagta and Suggs were making it tough on opposing QBs. Baltimore doesnt have any "shutdown" guys on D. They just figured out how to play team D.

I think the big improvement for the MN D last year was cause we started to play more as a team. Hopefully we get another difference maker up front this year.