• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My Latest Build

Looks very nice, great job on the wrap and I like the color comb!

Thanks for the comments.

The colors where chosen to represent the Navy that will be used for my Dad's build that I'm currently working on, however, another person liked then so much that he wanted the same colors for his.

Nice color combo and the wrap looks nice and tight!

Thanks unfrozen for your comments.

Seeing the nice comments that I'm getting from all the experienced crafters here means a lot to me. smile I certainly couldn't have done this on my own nor have learned so much so fast, thanks again everyone.

Very clean and good looking! What thread brand and color is the blue? Did you use CP on the thread?

CHM,

Thanks for your comments. The thread brand that I use now is Coats & Clarks' Polyester Machine Embroidery Thread in the #40 class. The two colors are Yale Blue (#9) and Spark Gold (#182) and I did use 3 coats of CP to help preserve the color. I switched to C&C thread for the variety and buying at the local craft store. This makes it easy when I'm making a rod for someone else and they want to see what is available.

bltbowhunter,

I've been using machine embroidery thread for both the guides and decorative wraps. I use three thin coats of CP over the thread to help from having show through. I've heard others have been doing that and it seems to be working quite well.

bltbowhunter,

I've been using machine embroidery thread for both the guides and decorative wraps.

Does it have to be the machine embroidery thread? I just bought a pile of Coats and clark multi purpose polyester thread. Do you think that will work just the same as the "machine" thread?