• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 Early Departures List

solbes

Gophs have a lot of ammo coming in, not worried about the offense, just the experience. Should be a good 2nd half team.

Isn't it one of the stronger Freshmen classes coming in next year that the Gophers have had in a number of years. Is there a listing out there of who all is exactly coming in next year?

Isn't it one of the stronger Freshmen classes coming in next year that the Gophers have had in a number of years. Is there a listing out there of who all is exactly coming in next year?

Here is what I have found, but not sure this is set in stone. Some players that are in the 13 list may be pushed back and some in the 14 list could be pushed up. I heard Nanne wasnt coming next yr as an example, but that was before some of the recent "losses".

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/reports/roster/Minnesota/34

Scroll all the way down and it will show you upcoming recruiting classes.

I'll just say it has the potential to be an elite class, might be even better because there aren't any NHL first rounders that depart after a year or two.

Cammarata is going to be a stud and Kloos isn't far behind him. Guertler is a very good play and Fashing has the size and skill but maybe not as talented as Cammarata or Kloos. Just imagine if we could have added Jake Guentzel to this class, he is doing great in jrs right now. I don't know as much about the Dmen coming but we are pretty set on D anyway so they won't be expected to do a lot of heavy lifting. There might be other forwards coming in too but it all depends on how things shake out.

Hopefully they can fill the large void left by this years Jr. class which was one of the best we had had in a while. Alt, Bjugs, Haula, Schmidt, Condon, Holl, Parenteau and Serratore is a pretty amazing recruiting class. Of course not all those guys left so we get to keep a few of them.

Looking at the list, Lattieri hasn't grown since peewees or bantams. Fasching will be good. He has a great head on his shoulders. If Brodzinski has a 1st year like his brother at St Cloud, we should be fine. As always, Can't wait to see them play.

NCHC EARLY SIGNINGS

Denver (3)

Scott Mayfield, so, D, New York Islanders

Juho Olkinuora, so, G, Winnipeg Jets

Nick Shore, jr, F, Los Angeles Kings

Minnesota Duluth (1)

Chris Casto, so, D, Boston Bruins

Nebraska Omaha (1)

Andrej Sustr, jr, D, Tampa Bay Lightning

North Dakota (1)

Derek Forbort, jr, D, Los Angeles Kings

Western Michigan (1)

Danny DeKeyser, jr, D, Detroit Red Wings

BIG TEN EARLY SIGNINGS

Michigan (2)

Jacob Trouba, fr, D, Winnipeg Jets

Jon Merrill, jr, D, New Jersey Devils

Minnesota (5)

Nate Schmidt, jr, D, Washington Capitals

Zach Budish, jr, F, Nashville Predators

Nick Bjugstad, jr, F, Florida Panthers

Mark Alt, jr, D, Philadelphia Flyers

Erik Haula, jr, F, Minnesota Wild

Ohio State (1)

Chris Crane, jr, F, San Jose Sharks

Wisconsin (1)

Brendan Woods, so, F, Carolina Hurricanes

heck Bjugs looked better last year than this year.

No doubt about it, he was better last year. Still very good this year but I think we all expected him to domniate a little more.

Looking at the Gopher early departure list has any school lost that many talented underclassmen before? That groups has to be at the top or darn near close to it.

Not in the same yr., but within a 2-3 yr period. Wisconsin: Jamie McBain, Ryan McDougah, Derek Stephan, Brendan Smith, Jake Gardiner, Colby Gobelof,Craig Smith, Justin Schultz and all have played in the NHL. Also Jordy Murray to Europe.

Casto is 6'3" and liked to jump into the offensive zone. He wasn't drafted, so he took a good opportunity with the Bruins. You can't time these things; if it's there I guess you take it (ala Bordson, MConn, Brown etc).

I do agree that it was a surprise though. He took both steps forward and backward this year. Hard to forget the game where he essentially served up 2 goals to the opposing team. I will miss seeing him out there as he had some offensive skills and didn't get much top PP time. Wish him the best.

Yep those big undrafted guys who show promise always bolt early, NHL teams want to grab them before anyone else and the player gets a chance to cash in on an nhl signing bonus. A bad combination of fear/money.