• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to buy a used bow

I am debating whether to buy a used or new bow for deer hunting and shooting carp. First off I shoot bow left handed which limits the used bow market. Also I have not picked up a bow in almost 20 years. What are some of the main things I should check before buying a used bow?

1. Whats the adjustable draw length?

2. Draw weight range?

3. % of let off at full draw.

I suppose you want to check fro cracks in the limbs but can you even see them sometimes (things to look for, things to avaoid etc..).

At any rate any advice you seasoned archery folks can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Erik,

When I've bought used bows in the past, I've shot the bow first and made sure it fit me and I liked it. I inspected the ever-loving-carp out of the limbs, cams, strings, and cables and I've made sure there are no squeeks or noises. Most importantly, make sure the bow fits you well and the limbs are clean.