• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 4 check-in.

Cheetah

HSO Team 4

Paintbrush

Cooter

ANYFISH2

cheetah

2044mustang

Abndoc Jr - Y

Hello everyone! I didn't see any other threads started for our team, so figured I should get the ball rolling. Please reply and let us all know what your hunting plans are for this spring.

I am going to to SD at the end of April to hunt in the Black Hills again. Then in mid May I am going to hunt some new spots in MN with a friend who has seen birds there while deer hunting in the fall.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello team 4. This is my first year joining you all for turkey bragging rights. Last year I finally killed my first bird, a jake, I think I may have finally learned the land I hunt. So now I am out of excuses and can except that these birds are just smarter than me.

I will be hunting the A season in 507, near Staples/Motley. I sure hope to contribute.

Good luck to all in the up coming seasons.

Paintbrush, when I was young my dad used to take me and my brothers down to the Kirksville area to hunt turkeys. Well, we just played at the car and at camp while he hunted. Back then lots of my uncles and dad's friends hunted down there too. Not anymore though. I have one uncle who still likes to make the trip, but bird numbers have been very low the last few years. Have you heard any good news about a population rebound in the region? I saw some talk on another forum that sounded like they were coming back a bit in that area.

Abndoc jr aka Cole. I turn 10 tomorrow and get to hunt for the first time this weekend in wisconsin. I got a new mossberg 20 gauge for my birthday and have been practicing daily. My dad and I have it all dialed in. I can't wait for this weekend!!

Took Cole out last night to put some birds to bed. Found a new chunk of land with a ton of birds. Cole went up and knocked on the door. Talked with the home owner for 5 mins. Stood behind him letting make his sales pitch. Yep He aquired himself his first set of private land to hunt. Whether we see or get a bird, I couldn't have been more proud. Talk about watching your children grow up before your eyes.

Took Cole out last night to put some birds to bed. Found a new chunk of land with a ton of birds. Cole went up and knocked on the door. Talked with the home owner for 5 mins. Stood behind him letting make his sales pitch. Yep He aquired himself his first set of private land to hunt. Whether we see or get a bird, I couldn't have been more proud. Talk about watching your children grow up before your eyes.

Go drop a monster this weekend Cole,Good luck.

Saw 10 birds yesterday. couldn't get anything within range. long day for my youngster. He definitely earned his stripes yesterday in that rain. todays a new day...heading out to his spot today.

Hi team! Sorry for the late check in.....I go in WI 4th season which is I think the first day of May. Planning on taking time off work for that - have a great area to hunt and wood say I'll get one but that would jinx me! Probably will head on down the week before and talk to the landowner and set a blind up - which I hate hunting out of but nice to have depending on the weather.

Good luck guys - be safe and have fun!

Well I have a first day bird for the first time. Shot at 9:30. Not real big, in-field measurments are 9 1/2" beard, 3/4" spurs. Just now going to wieght it and do the paper work. I'll give the long winded story later to day.

Whoo-hoo team 4 is on the board!