• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mounting pedestal to floor

fatfinger

I got a new old boat.it has no seats.I plan on mountin 3-4 pedestal seats in it.I see the Lil round recess mounts. Do they just screw into the floor and use a hole drill for recess? Do ya need to put another plate or somethin on other side of floor? Btw me and my bro are fat.looking for sturdy seats.gonna use the brushed steel? Or aluminum mounts with the golf cup hole thing

I did something similar with a 1980 fiberglass crestliner but added the 1/8" aluminum plate on top of the floor. Easier. Threw out the front/back facing run-about seats.

They would not hold in the wood without the plate to distribute the torque.

If you're going to poke holes in the deck of your boat make sure you use some type of sealant in each hole to prevent water getting into the wood.

Are they the type like this:

full-27256-31660-s7_010439_999_01.jpg

I didn't drill a single hole in the deck, instead I built up a mounting base shaped somewhat like a pyramid using 3/4 ACX plywood, cut a hole in the center for the recess, coated it in epoxy, attached it using thickened epoxy, painted with uv inhibitor paint, then secured it to that with stainless steel screws (with 3m 4200 in each hole) I also have small drainage holes in that pyramid base.

No holes in the deck = no water = no rot

You can somewhat see it in this pic:

fmsZp.jpg

Thanks guys.its a 1974 Chrysler finnrunner aluminum boat.floor is solid.not sure how thick.has first snow ever in it.yes those pics look like my mounts.also been thinkin of payin to have it done.I have plans of havin a sweet one of a kind.I can't find any pics or info online besides the add from when I bought it.