• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team #7 "GOBBLE KINGS" Official Site

hugonian1

Well a little ifo for the team. Finally enough time off work so did some scouting this morning, they are there. Heard about 7-10 toms gobbling this morning in my best spot, i was about 100 yards from them and it sure has me pumped up now. Its going to be a long nite at work but i guess i waited all year, with a little luck i should beable to post the pics in the morning.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ready for the morning and here is where I set my blind last night. With the weather and the way the birds have been I'm using the shotgun for the first time in 13 years. The birds were there yesterday and I'm hoping they don't move off for the next 5 days because my back ups have no birds on them.

full-28877-32172-100media_imag0251.jpg

Well Jack waited all of 10 minutes to drop a turkey last fall, and this spring it only took 15 minutes. Ha! We barely got the blind set up, and had a few hens come running in to the sound of Jack yelping on the box. They stood there 5' from us, live decoys, just waiting until the boys came running in. A few young jakes and one mature pig... Jack showed great patience as he had to wait for the tom to clear the jakes, and pass on a 10 yard shot. The tom then crossed to the far window walking away from us following the hens that were now headed to the field. I gave one yelp and he extended for a big gobble.. BOOM!!!! And here we are... 26yards, dropped right there. He is pumped, and "Go Gobble Kings!" He says.

[img:left]http://turkw.jpg