• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team #7 "GOBBLE KINGS" Official Site

hugonian1

HSO Team 7

123fish

featherslayer

Jackson - Y

Duckhuntr21

hugonian1

Archerysniper

Looking forward to another spring turkey season.

This always adds to the fun.

Last year I was fortunate to bag a nice Tom and was part of the winning team.

This year I will be hunting the Wisconsin C season and the Minnesota D season.

Possible name- Team 7 Turkey Heaven, Tom's on the Ground

Good luck to you all.

Looking forward to the great stories.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm here too. I'll be hunting B season in the far southwest corner. Not exactly turkey central but have called in nice toms for my son-in-law the past two years and a buddy the year before that. I've shot my share so that is as much fun for me as shooting one myself. The son-in-law may be bringing his dad this year (rookie) so I really have my work cut out. Does it sound like I'm making excuses already? smile I saw the name "Gobble Kings" somewhere and kind of liked that. Let's hear from the rest of the guys.

Well Jackson is super pumped. He will be hunting the A season. Last fall I took him out for his first time at the age of 9, with the Super Bantam and he ripped one the first day, and in the first 20 minutes... He understands it doesn't always work like that grin He totally has the bug now, and asked me why there isn't a winter season every time we saw birds this winter. His itch is almost as bad as mine, maybe worse. We have been scouting and have a solid 60+ flock as well as a group of big boys that stays together. He is very excited and really wants to be first on the board too. Good luck to all.

Jack likes "Gobble Kings" too...

I'm here and ready for the A season, just hope more of the snow would go. This year I'll be up to bat first cause the wife got drawn for the b season and the buddy i took out last year didnt get drawn. Even thou i didn't shoot one I had the pleasure of watching 2 birds get dusted and the excitment of the 2 hunters which made it all worth wild. Dosen't matter to me on a team name Gobble Kings is fine

Well it looks like everyone has checked in with the exception of Duckhuntr21.

This looks like a great group of hunters with some exciting plans in place.

It will be fun to see how it all pans out.

Looks like "Gobble Kings" will be our team name.

DonBo- can you please update that for us?

Let the fun begin!

Looks like we will know where we stand pretty quick with 3 A season hunts and 1 B season hunt. Hopefully the weather straightens out and the birds start doing their thing.

I just started seeing a few birds on my property in Hugo.

I haven't seen much in my scouting either. One good spot on public land but there was a boot print there also. This spot is small if someone is in there ahead of you that can be all it takes to screw things up. The gobblers we end up shooting move into what I call "fringe" spots from who knows where. None of these fringe spots have had any sign yet but hopefully they will disperse into one of them over the next few weeks. I probably should start going to Nebraska again.

Well I found a group of birds on one of my properties last night and a lot of strut marks on the driveway. They are in the same place I killed one with the bow 3 years ago. If this weather warms up more and these birds start moveing in the next week it should be good.

Sounds good archerysniper. I'm going scouting tomorrow again if it isn't raining. I've got to find more than just the one spot I have.

They are still hiding deep in the woods here,the rain might pay off tomorrow and get them out in the fields where you can get a eyeball on them.

Well I did get out. Got to hear my first gobbles of the year. Heard two different toms a half mile apart and watched one of them who had six hens with him breed one of the hens. His stamina was quite impressive and apparently he has the moves like Jagger because while he was pleasuring his lady two of the other hens got into the submissive breeding posture right in front of his beak. Didn't hang around to watch the outcome of that but I'm sure somebody had himself a real nice Saturday morning. Unfortunatley all of this was happening on private land but good to see some birds none the less. Also saw single jakes in a couple of different spots. The birds have definitely started to break up for sure. Now I just need one to end up in one of my fringe spots.

It looks like we have not heard from Duckhuntr21 yet.

Anyone have the ability to track him down?

We have a few early season hunters.

I hope this weather doesn't hose things up.

I took a walk on Sunday and saw a few birds and quite a bit of sign back in the woods.

Yea, I would settle for that. smile

Earlier this week a group of about 20 jakes and hens finally made an appearance on my property.

A little later I saw a nice tom with a few hens.

They are definitely breaking up and spreading out.

I put a couple of cameras out last week on my property.

Turkeys started showing up a couple of weeks ago.

They typically like to mill around the woodsfull-13193-32075-pict1951.jpg

full-13193-32076-pict1991.jpg

full-13193-32077-pict2079.jpg

full-13193-32078-pict2083.jpg

full-13193-32079-pict2163.jpg

full-13193-32080-pict2196.jpg

full-13193-32081-pict2325.jpg

off a big grassy area.

I got around 500 pictures since last week from the camera set up where I normally set my blind.

A lot of hens and jakes with a few toms.

Here are a few of the pictures to get the juices flowing.

I don't hunt Minnesota until the D season but being the nice guy I am, I am letting my buddy hunt here during the B season. shocked

Looking good hugonian1! It must be cool owning a piece of property with wildlife like that. I did see a spot on public land where a Tom had strutted with hens in the snow on Saturday. Just hoping nobody uses it first season. Good luck to the team members starting Wednesday.

I am sure they will show up soon DonBo.

This is the latest I can remember the birds showing up in my area.

I am not sure where they winter but I did not see a bird for months.

Plenty of girls and young boys around.

I am hoping the big boys will follow.