• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team 3 !!

monstermoose78

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Team. I'm hunting by Caledonia in Season B. Hope to help the team out this year since I wasn't successful last year. I'm pumped up to get started Good Luck to all. DrJ........

Hey everybody! I'm proud to say I already have a bird in the freezer, but unfortunately I didn't get a weight or info on the bird before it was plucked and frozen since we were out of town.

Looks like I'll have to do a better job when I get the next one. Get after it guys! Its the best time of the year!

HSO Team 3

HuntinFish

mws4dux

Powerstroke

monstermoose

Dr J

I see we got 4 of us that posted that is awesome. I hope this snow keeps melting. I am trying to decide which weapon I will use I am leaning towards my crossbow which I need to get out and shoot that some more before the season.

Oops, I think the rules state you must enter your first bird even if you have other opportunities. blush

Contest starts 4/1/13 so any birds shot before that don't count.

You're good Andy.

Welcome to Wallydog.We still haven't heard from HuntinFish. Monstermoose I have been on the TOMBOYS for two years . My son picked the name out. Maybe same franchise but with new free agents players!!!! I really don't care what are name is. Our team seems a little sleepy this year. Hopefully MONSTERMOOSE78 will get us started next Wednesday morning with a nice Tom..Good luck to you Moose... DrJ....full-7294-31984-dsc00401.jpg

I looked out in my back yard this morning and this Tom was strutting trying to impress a hen.I went to work and my wife said he was still there 90 minutes later.Seems like a long time to be strutting in one spot.. Is that normal to stay that long in one place?

Thanks DrJ but looking out my patio window this morning has me thinking I need to go get some white camo. I can not see the basrball field that is 60 yards away. I have seen a few turkeys now and have heard some gobbling on the roost. I hope they stay were I have seen and heard them. I will be using my shotgun because with this great weather and classes I have not been shooting the crossbow. I am glad to see we got Wallydog on are team. I will be be out Wednesday Morning and try my best to get us on the board.

Morning fellers,

It's not snowing in Boise! Fruit trees are blooming and I've mowed my lawn twice!

I've already seen one tip over. I called a bird in for an 11 yr old on Monday. His first critter of any kind. Special. I'm headed for the Clearwater River country Saturday and our season commences Monday. This will make 23 years hunting the same properties and 30 years hunting the bird in Idaho. I mostly have them figured out and have enjoyed great success over the years. Thanks to Borch for inserting me into a team even tho I signed up late. I've participated in this contest since it began I believe. I look forward to sharing photos and stories with all ya.

It's not the gobbler, it's the gobble.

By the way I grew up in Appleton,MN

WD

Wishing I did not have my first final tomorrow afternoon! Other wise I would spend all day chasing tom turkeys! My brother has been seeing them around 10 to 11 for the last 2 days. I will be headed out in the morning pulling my little black sled with all my gear. I will bring the camera and get some photos.

Wishing I did not have my first final tomorrow afternoon! Other wise I would spend all day chasing tom turkeys! My brother has been seeing them around 10 to 11 for the last 2 days. I will be headed out in the morning pulling my little black sled with all my gear. I will bring the camera and get some photos.

Good luck tomorrow,I will be a few miles straight west of little stanchfeild right on 6. If you see the fancy blue/chrome Chevy truck stop in and say high.

Well if I had a goose tag it would have been awesome! I had a pair of geese that liked my turkey decoys and my calling. I forgot I had the camera in my bag other wise I would have got a picture. I heard one turkey gobbling on the roost this morning, but he was in the pines on the other side of the brook. I hunted until about 9. Then drove down to check on another spot and no one was hunting it at 920 this morning. Ya never know maybe someone got a turkey early down there. Archerysniper if I make it up that way, but that is out of my zone so unless I get a turkey I will be south and west of there. I did see a nice group of toms in a field in Shereburne wildlife refuge, but we can't touch em in there unless you are with youth group or disabled hunters group. Good Luck to the rest of you! I have to finish my final yet!!