• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"We're #1" Official Site

DonBo

Like it says, "We're #1 cool "

Can't think of a reason to change the name. What do ya all think?

HSO Team 1

mattrd..................Iowa, April 15-May 19

Hunter....Youth.......Minnesota

DonBo...................Minnesota, April 22-26, Wisconsin, May 1-7

x1957x.................Minnesota, April 22-26

nbadger23.............Minnesota, May 2-6, Wisconsin, May 8-14

Musky HUnter 82.....Minnesota archery season, May 7-30

Let's get this party started:

I'll be hunting Minnesota close to home, here in the metro April 22-26 with my 90 year old Dad. We both shot nice ones last year. This is usually a pretty laid back hunt, just a few hours in the morning before work and maybe an evening or two after work.

Then my buddy Dave and I will be hunting western Wisconsin May 1-7. We take this hunt much more seriously. We've done really well here over the years with some true trophies now and again.

So lets hear it from the rest of you!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the team guys! Just two more to check in and we'll have a full house.

Feel free to let us know what you're seeing on your scouting trips and any other turkey related stuff you got. Oh yeah, give the other teams any grief you can. grin

Good luck all! Let's win this thing!

Welcome to the show nbadger! Happy to have another Wisconsin hunter on board. Best of luck.

Just waiting on our youth hunter, "Hunter".

Everyone okay with "We're #1 cool" as our name? Kinda hokey I know, but anyone have better idea?

Hunter will be hunting either season A or C in MN.....

Sweet, thanks for checking in for Hunter. Is he your son? How old is he? Ever hunted turkeys before? Thanks for taking him out, best of luck!

Hunter is my son he'll turn 9 on April 19th...this will be his 3rd season hunting turkeys....He shot a jake his first year and a tom last year...Now that wrestling season is over Hunter is starting to get pretty pumped up to chase some turkeys...Hunter says go Team #1. Here is his tom from last year.huntersturkey.jpg

I like We're #1! It's suttle and truthful cool It let's everyone know: hey, we're here and we like to gobble! Starting to get pretty pumped. Just got opening morning off for down here in IA. It always starts on a Monday. So hopefully I'll be able to get one on the board. Youth season opens this weekend down here so hope to talk to some guys to get some reports.

Hey mattrd, less than a week away. Excited? How about this snownami we're supposed to get up here, that going to affect you at all? Keep us updated.

How about young "Hunter"? Going to hit it next week, or wait for nicer weather?

Getting really excited to get out. Weather looks to be clear next Monday, but a lil chilly. Still a lot better than late muzzy season was smile We're getting a lot of rain right now(much needed) hopefully the snow scoots to the north of us, but i guess we'll see. I haven't got a chance to get to the public ground we hunt, but during early January they were every where there. Saw 14 longbeards in one group, hoping to see a couple of those bad boys come Monday! I'll be out there no matter what at this point! One of my hunting buddies did see a couple tom's north of town down here, but it's a small local flock that is pretty nomadic and hard to pin down.

Hunter is planning on heading out A season,haven't bought the tag yet.....Heading out the door now to do a little scouting.

I would bump it back to season C if I could get a different season 2c

But if the birds and sign is there go for it and good luck.

Been out scouting with Hunter and the spots he plans on hunting are holding birds....but not much strutting they've been pretty much feeding in large groups.Leaning towards taking him C season with next weeks forecast.

Guess your best. I'd play the weather if that's an option, but like AS said, if they're there, go for it.

I checked all my local spots yesterday and didn't see one track. frown

Well tomorrow is that day! Heading out in the a.m.! Weather man says windchill of 16degrees & west/nw winds of 20-30mph w/gusts to 30. Hopefully I don't get confused and shoot at a deer while out there since it will feel like November! smile j/k Winds are supposed to calm down for the evening hunt so we'll see how opener goes!!