• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jig trailers

bassfshin24

But NEVER, EVER use a flappin' craw in any lake with a decent rock bass population, my god.

LOL I'm with ya on that. I fish a lake loaded with rock bass, and I'm lucky to get two casts out of a Paca or Chigger.

I have never had a problem with the trailers falling off (same with the other guys that fish our league). It is always the claws getting pulled off. That is why a lot of us switched to Zmann.

I don't want to hyjack this thread, but what kind of glue do you guys use for reattaching the claws? I take half of my one-clawed trailers and cut the claw off to make the other half of my one-clawed trailers into two-clawed trailers. I'm just using super glue right now. Anybody else cheap like me?

Also, this year I'm going to put super-glue behind the rubber band that holds the skirt onto the trailer. I'm also need to epoxy the connection between the rattle and the jig on my Strike King Denny Brauer Premier Pro jigs. Skipping really beats them up.

Mend-it is a better option as it chemically melts them together for a stronger bond, that and Mend-it doesn't stick your fingers together and make you look like Zoidberg.

The only plastics I put on my skirted jigs or spinnerbaits anymore are paddletail swimbaits or curly tail grubs. I like the action of the "crayfish" soft plastics, but don't use them often anymore for 2 reasons:

1) I don't think they impersonate a crayfish very well, if I want to impersonate a crayfish I'll use a weighted fly.

2) I catch more fish with swimbait and grub trailers.. why mess with what works for me?

I absolutely LOVE curly tail grubs on a swim jig, I think the skirt and odd flapping gives off a really good wounded fish impression.