• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear Lottery 2013

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting. I had clients last year in 31 with 1 an 2 points who didn't draw. I think 31 is down 450 tags from last year. Glad I got a lot of clients in applicant pool every year. I think this will drive most guides out for awhile.

I didn't draw last season, but went in and bought a boundry waters tag when unpurchased tags became available.

Am I understanding this right in that I don't have a preferance point any longer?

If that's the case, my group is going to be [PoorWordUsage] at me smile

Here's the way it's worded in the Legislative Rules section....I would say You Keep your points!

E.Any remaining available licenses not purchased by unsuccessful applicants may then be issued to any eligible person as prescribed by the commissioner on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 12:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday following the deadline in subpart 9. Individuals who purchase these remaining available licenses retain their accumulated preference

Well then, I feel better! It was the wording from your earlier post that had me worried...

B.Upon issuance of a quota area license, all accumulated preference is lost. Obtaining a no-quota bear license has no effect upon eligibility or preference in the drawings.

Anyone know when the lottery results will be out?

Do you mean the first time they are released, or the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time after the DNR screws up the lottery?

Sarcasm aside they are usually available the last week in May.

I called the MN DNR today and they told me the information won't be available until mid-June. She also said it's never available until June, which doesn't jibe with what protrapper is saying. I'm sure you know the date that it was out last year, protrapper, so I wonder if that gal knows what she's talking about. I hope I don't have to wait until mid-June to find out. I need to start planning for this Fall...

Scoot...as usual the people answering the phones for the DNR don't know what they are talking about. Here is last 2 years posts about lottery results being out. It is dated 5/18 and 5/24. I don't recall the last time I didn't know until mid June. I schedule my bear hunting trip during my yearly BWCA trip that takes place the first Saturday in June every year.

Last years FM lottery discussion

Year before last FM lottery discussion