• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

When does a gobbler start gobbling

laker1

Not only do they gobble in the snow, they are already starting to breed the hens. My buddy sent me a video yesterday he filmed with his phone right outside a yard in the west metro. There were four jakes chasing away two gobblers while the fifth jake bred the hen. Lots of snow and lots of gobbling.

I seen the last two days about birds look like all hens(2 flocks for a total of 32 birds. Talked to a individual about 10 miles away and he seen about 20 turkeys and looked like all Toms and he usually knows what he is talking about. Do they segregate that much at certain times of the year?

I seen the last two days about birds look like all hens(2 flocks for a total of 32 birds. Talked to a individual about 10 miles away and he seen about 20 turkeys and looked like all Toms and he usually knows what he is talking about. Do they segregate that much at certain times of the year?

Yes they do during the winter. If the weather starts to warm up they will start to disperse and fighting more for dominance.

Yep, they've been gobbling for a while now. Problem is, what you hear now and where you hear them will have little to do with where they'll be in a couple weeks after the snow's gone.

And yes, they do segregate into gender based flocks during the winter. I'm sure they're starting to mingle a bit now, more so soon as they continue to disperse from their winter haunts.

Finally seen a old Tom strutting this morning. Been out in a lot of areas tho,and have not heard a gobble yet.

Snowing outside at the present time.

The A season may good,but I am glad I got the B season,that may be early enough.