• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kenai Peninsula in mid June

We land in Anchorage on the 9th. Drive up to Denali and spend 2 days in and around the Park. Tuesday night we are heading down to Soldotna to stay. Wednesday is open. Get up early on Thursday for the drive to Homer and back to Soldotna for Thursday night. Friday morning we drive over to Seward to board a 7 day cruise down to Seattle. It is our first time to Alaska and I am pumped!!! Everything I could find out about Pete was 1st class. How about you?

We pick up the RV in Anchorage on the 16th a.m., then Seward for a couple days (Semaka halibut charter and Kenai Fijords daycruise), then work our toward Homer, with a quick stop to see whether the fish are in at the Russian yet. Homer on the 20th for more butts, then back towards Soldotna.

Flyout for reds to the wolverine on the 22nd, then back to the Russian probably. Then theres a raft trip on the upper Kenai on the 25th, and end up the last nite back at the Russian. My 5th trip, but not for the past decade, so I'm very excited to get back up there!

Hey T, been awhile. Your itinerary looks pretty fun and I'm totally jealous, I predict full coolers of fresh fillets. If you get a chance look up capt. Randy of the Seward Fish Co and see about a night trip, last year we slammed the halibut and ling and showed up at the docks with a stuffed box as evryone else was heading out. My bro lives in sterling and I'm heading up in august for silvers.

How ya doing E? I see you've moved up to GM...I'm jealous too!

Funny how things work out...we ended up buying a cabin on the Tamarack river off of Red in 09, not so many crappies anymore but my son did get a beauty 14.5 incher last weekend:)

I can hardly wait to get back to AK., it's been over a decade, and a few of the runs aren't doing so well, but it's still AK:)

I get to travel with my favorite 3 ladies, so I guess I have to trade kings for queens this time around:)

Hey T,

Doing well, taught shop in GM for 4 yrs. Had a ball up there with a pile of great adventures but job got cut to part time so now I'm teaching in Henning. Love the area, 1000 lakes in ottertail county so I have plenty of exploring to do. Have fun in AK post some pics when you get back.

I will for sure!

I had to google ottertail co., wasn't sure exactly where it was. You DO have a boatload of lakes close by don't you?

Not so far up to Red either...have you been back there lately? Great eye bite right now, and a few more of those slabs then we've seen in a few years!

Ya Red still has a place in my heart, went up weekend after opener and we caught a pile a males that made a mess out of my boat. Can't wait to go back...up in Ely now w a good day on pipestone.

Time the tides right and you'll beat some reds up from shore in seward. If your into bbq stop and get a boartide sandwich in Indian creek bbq or blackjaxx bbq in kenai,both worth a stop.

there are some fish starting to show up in the Russian now. With the opener tomorrow its going to be a goat rodeo down there. I am hoping most of the seward snaggers will go to the Russian and kenai for their reds this weekend I may be heading down to snag some. They are starting to come into the resurrection river pretty good now from the reports I have got.http://www.alaskaoutdoorjournal.com/Reports/Fishreport/anglerreport.html that link has a video report from the Russian today. its also another good resource to check while you are up here for fishing reports. I know there is only a few of us on here that live up here and I know I cant always get on here to give updates daily. Good luck fishing dudes I will let you know my report from this weekend. Also parks highway streams are still high and fairly dirty if anyone was planning to do some trout fishing on them. If you try for kings any where make sure you read the regs very carefully. ADFG has very tight restrictions on them this year because the runs are getting worse and worse.

got out to seward this weekend for some red snagging ended up fish 2 tides and got 7 fish. was alright saw soem other people catching nothign real fast and furious. I hear the russian is going good but there are the normal crowds. I will be headed to the klutina soon trying to stay away from the kenai this year

Just a FYI for any one that is up here right now or about to be. russian river is now 6 fish a day with 12 in possession. Up here once the fish are frozen they are not in your possession limit any more so keep stackin and freezin. Was down on the russian this weekend for a day. got 4 missed many more river is a little high nothing crazy though. We fish up river and dont like to mess with the goat rodeo down at the sanctuary. One of the real good spots up river was of course took up by a guide who had 6 clients with them so they were not leaving any time soon with the 6 fish limit in affect.