• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Egg shells down the fish hole?

dfap2

I don't think it falls under "artificial lighting", but if you are not removing the item you are intentionally fropping down the hole (biodegradable or not), I think they could pinch you for littering. Not that I haven't considered it...

Dried common white beans, white rice, sliced up potato, egg shells...used to use them, some still do...I read something once about bottom enhancement being illegal although there's nothing in the regulations. One C.O. told me it would trigger a littering ticket, even if it was something removed. I guess you'll have to try it and fight it in court.

Use to do this. Worked great for spearing sturgeon. Now, the DNR has outlawed everything. Basically if you can't bring it back out of the water, you can't put it down the hole. For spearing purposes now, we use PVC in a X that serves the purpose well.

I remember guys bringing out truckloads of silica sand, Potatoes, egg shells, was pretty insane the length they went to light that bottom up.

Page 16 in the new regs states this:

Littering of any materials, including parts of fish or other animals, and depositing

rubbish, poisonous substances,

or chemicals harmful to aquatic life

into public waters, onto ice, or lake or stream shores is illegal. “Chumming”

(depositing fish parts or other material into public waters to attract fish) is

unlawful. Fish line and various packaging materials can be harmful to wildlife.

Funny how they state that littering of "parts of fish" is illegal but chumming of "fish parts" is just unlawful. How do they differentiate that??? Make it all illegal or all unlawful.