• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SCR-4027 Outdoor Heritage

SCR 4027 - Introduced by Sen's Axness, Sinner, Triplett; Rep's Guggisberg, S. Kelsh, Oversen. A concurrent resolution that would create an outdoor heritage fund from 4 percent of the total revenues from oil and gas production and extraction taxes and allows the fund to be administered by the outdoor heritage commission for clean water, lands and outdoor heritage. Senate Natural Resources Committee to hear 3/7, 9:30 a.m.

Out of all the outdoor bills that have come across the last few years, this is the most important one. It would turn the tide on habitat destruction by actually funding an alternative.

It just showed up as a Senate Concurent Resolution and replicates the Outdoor Heritage Measure in full.

If passed it would go on the ballot to be voted on by North Dakota citizens in the next general election.

Contact your Senator and tell him to vote for this.

SCR 4027 is on the fast track, introduced on Tuesday, Febr. 26, it is up for hearing on next Thursday, March 7 before the Senate Natural Resources Committee at 9:30 a.m. Please consider attending to hearing to voice or show your support. The major conservation groups will testify in support; DU, the Trust, NDWF, and the Chapter. We would like other groups and individuals to attend, sign the hearing attendance list if you are willing, and testify in support if you can. Testimony can be short and simple; " I am John Smith from Dickinson, I am a hunter and fisherman. I support SCR 4027 and I ask you for a Do Pass, Thank you" Short and sweet, and you likely won't get any Qs. We are thinking of having supporters dress in camo or safety orange for a show of support. This is the most important piece of legislation for conservation in years.