• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polar Vision Problems

iffwalleyes

Question

I have one of those polar visions that there is another thread were people are posting. I didn't want to put this with those because I believe they are a good unit. But the problem that I have with mine is that is is very slow to pick up the depth reading. Sometimes it won't read through the ice even when using water. Also have tried to just put new batteries in that doesn't do it either. I will drill a hole to check it like that and still when the water is moving up and down after drilling or there is too much ice it won't read. Has anyone else had these sort of problems. I know strikemater is the manufacture of them I was just wondering if anyone knows what kind of warrenty they have since mine is about 4 years old it has never really work properly? I have just been using the vex lately and I think that that works better. Thanks for the help.

4 answers to this question

I have one that's on it's third year and works great.

I have some buddies that bought them and they have never worked right.

All I can say is that yours is most likely out-of-warranty and you'll have to ask Strikemaster if they'll work with you. They are really tops in Customer Service.

All units with transducers should get careful handling. If they get smashed or bumped too much they'll act up and need replacment. THe same goes for your Vex or Marcum Ducers--I cover mine with a Crown Royal bag in transit!

Actually, believe it or not Marcum makes the unit.

Call Strikemaster and they will take care of you no matter how old it is.

Great unit, my works great! Sounds like your transducer is bad.

k

We have the Polar Vision and it works good for the moment. But, we were told whatever you do, DO NOT drop it or bang it up because they just cannot take it. If you happen to do that then from what I understand it could be junk. You need to protect it just like a little baby. Good luck.

---------

Fishn'Lady