• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster with Nils Blade!!!!

quickfish6

You could strap a 6" auger on to this bad boy, VERY light, easy to start, and should not have to push down.

http://www.tanakapowerequipment.com/main-navigation/products?d=337&p=920

I saw a guy with one of those on the ice this past week. It looked rather impressive! Fast and unbelievably quiet.

I wanted to go over and check it out further but was too busy catching... cool

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dougger222, I know what blade your talking about. It was the fin on the blade that slips onto the fighting on the auger shaft. There is zero stress on that fin and all it does is feed the ice chips. Without going into details on how in the world this could possibly happen, it definitely isn't something Nils would warranty. I comp the guy on sharpening and sent it back on my own dime.

lnelson, a Nils has the least amount of torque put on the user. Or you could try a Eskimo or StrikeMaster in 6".

Interesting, I can attest to the fact that the auger was around 30 days old when the failure occured. Fished with him the third day after he bought it. He's very good with his equipment, he don't let many people use his stuff either.

Did this bit come through Frankies???