• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Camo Shanty" darkhouse, who had it here?

mn_archer

About a month or so ago i seen a picture of what looked to be a 4x5 or 5x6 spearhouse with aluminum siding painted green on the sides with fish camo and ahiny colored on the ends. Whose was that? Anyone remember what im talking about?

im curious if they are for sale anywhere. Ive looked all over the internet lately.

Michael,

I beleive that this guy was featured in the MDAA papper a few months back I will see If I can dig up one of those issues then I will PM you with the details.

I'm also pretty sure that it doesn't come with a heater.

i found the picture gordy and i dont see a chimney. Promised the wife id lose the portable with the mr heater for everyday use as i ended up getting pretty ill from the heater. so now i either need to make one or buy one. i love the looks of that camo shanty and i could put a small perm gas heater in one pretty easily. Ive never worked with that o40 aluminum but i could weld up a frame from light tube pretty easily and fast.

His name is Jeff Best from Cohasset, but he's a very busy guy, fortunately he and he cousin Brandon work on them together and donate one to the Grand Rapids MDAA decoy show which is held in November every year. It then goes up for auction and the highest bidder wins! And all proceeds goes to their chapter.