• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tablet Recomendation

Moose

Looking for a 7" tablet with Hdmi to stream video to a 42"LED TV. I would like a 7" #1 for cost and #2 for portability.I noticed the Asus 7" tablets do not have a hdmi port is this common on 7"tablets? Kinda looking for Android OS and built in GPS that doesn't need WIFI or Cell service to work. Am I dreaming or is there such an animal?

Thanks Guys.

Where the video coming from? If from netflix or amazon or hulu, get a roku instead.

You can buy an adapter cable for an ipad, or reportedly some of the Android tablets have HDMI. The article I found only listed some that I had never heard of.

KIndle fire HD has a micro hdmi that will connect to a tv using a micro hdmi to hdmi cable.

The video would come from standard hulu or the internet. Does the Kindle Fire have an internet browser? From what I've heard it is tethered to Amazon.At this time I do not have Hulu Plus or Netflix. I looked into a Roku but would like to have a multi use device. Would a mini hdmi to standard hdmi cord transfer smoothly to a flat screen?

If you have kids you might want to check out a NABI Tablet, not only is it for kids but it doubles for a regular tablet for adults, it runs on the android (ice cream sandwich) operating system. It has a mini hdmi hook up and it works great with net flix hooked up to my 37 lcd. I have a 10' cable with a micro and mini hdmi on one end and the standard hdmi (to hook up to the tv) on the other end. No GPS

Sounds like you're on the right track looking for something with an HDMI port.

I'm caught in the adapter-from-hell scenario with my earlier Samsung Galaxy tab. It has a proprietary port and you need a separate/unique dongle/adapter for everything you want to connect except headphones.

I thought the docking station would convert the proprietary port into the standard ports but nooooo.... even with the docking station you have to use the proprietary port dongles/adapters. If I bought every one to connect everything I'd like to try, I'd have almost half as much in dongles/adapters as I do in the tablet itself.

The tablet itself is fine, just wish I'd have research the ramifications of the ports a little better at the time. That said, at the time, I think most units did have just the proprietary-type ports.

The video would come from standard hulu or the internet. Does the Kindle Fire have an internet browser? From what I've heard it is tethered to Amazon.At this time I do not have Hulu Plus or Netflix. I looked into a Roku but would like to have a multi use device. Would a mini hdmi to standard hdmi cord transfer smoothly to a flat screen?

Amazon has an app store. They have a netflix app. Probably hulu+ app also. Apparently in tablet land one accesses streaming video via an app rather than a browser.