• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2001 Supercrew hesitating, bucking....

got an 01 supercrew with the 5.4, 132k. When I accelerate there is a hesitation/bucking feel. There is no check engine light coming on. just started doing this this morning. Is it possible something got wet?

Any ideas of what it could be? Seemed to do it in both 4x4 and two wheel. I was thinking a misfire somewhere? Plugs were changed by the dealer at 126k. Can't wait to see what this bill is going to be....

Sounds like possibly a coil pack starting to go bad. If it is, it should set a code soon.

Just had one last week that the intake was leaking water on the #1 cylinder spark plug boot and seeping into the spark plug hole and grounding out the plug. Hopefully its not that.... shocked

my o1 dropped all 8 one at a time and was on the second round when I got rid of it.

Unless you washed your engine, I doubt 8 coil packs went bad at once. Maybe someone sold you 8, but 8 didnt go bad at one time, unless they got wet.