• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2013 Season predictions

Scott K

The run for one hun will happen this year. I predict EXACTLY 100 loses. Sounds just about right- No one up the middle at SS, 2B and CF... those arent the positions you wanna be weak at. Pitching staff is below average AT BEST. THey should be able to score 3 or 4 a game with a decent line up but theyll give up 5 or 6 with suspect pitching and terrible defense. ZERO speed on the basepaths either. Its not good boys.

And whats even worse- If all these hot "prospects" we got in the minors ever turn out to be any good they'll just be traded away or lost in FA for nothing because the pohlads wont pay them anyway. So much to look forward too!

101 loss season Coming. I will still watch but going to be tough. Like Yiggin said above we are weak in the most important positions no SS, 2B and still a big ? for center field going to be a long year. Mauer will contend for another batting title but that will be about it.

The optimism in me has high hopes, then reality sets in and cross check the other teams roster/starters against ours and I realize we're usually only better than the other teams at 2 or 3 maybe 4 positions at best or less and then I line up the starters vs. the other teams and closers and bullpen and reality kicks in we're nearly the underdog in most games played. She might be a little chilly April 1st, I'm planning a big ice fishing run on the first lol.

I'm expecting another year similar to the past couple seasons, but maybe slightly better to the point where 90 losses rather than 100 is what they hope to avoid.

One prediction that I hope I'm wrong on is that fans will discover that Diamond isn't quite as strong the pitcher that many think he is.

Well Oly still has probably the biggest surprise prediction on the Gomez thread but my 2013 predictions so far are falling into place. They are on pace to lose slightly over 90 games and Diamond is looking every bit like a #5 pitcher.

I don't see them improving much, 72-90.

Still, I'll probably go to 10 games and watch many more.

I missed all around.

I did go to 10 games but I maybe watched 5 on tv.

Also giving up my season tickets for next year. I'm not going to fund the tax cheating millionaire owners when they clearly have no interest in building a competitive team.

I truly thought we could be .500, I was praying for big step up years for a healthy Mauer and Morneau with Willingham having a good year. Now Morneau gone, Willingham disinterested wishing he'd have stayed in Oakland, and then there's Mauer, I knew that .500 was without putting money down, when I saw Joe K looking late in those Kansas City games with the sacks juiced in late April or May, I knew right then this could be a 100 loss team and was about the last time I tuned in all summer. I wish we had something to build around, we were weak in all phases of the game, Jacks/RBI's/Strikeouts/Getting Struck out/Hitting with RISP, base running if we had anyone on, pitching etc. Time to add some Phil Nevin's,Adam Boone's,Tony BAtista,Ruben Sierra, types lol. The ship has officially sunk, looks like the SS Minnow at this point and I bet Joe wishes he were on that desert isle. Feel like we're the last chance for some guys like Correia and Pelfrey, we're it only triple AAA is under us, would like to have that Marlins pitcher who will win rookie of the year then you only need 4 others, we got Blackburn,Diamond,Deduno,Pelfrey,Correia,Worley lol ? Hendriks, no wonder teams tee'd off on us. A MESS.