• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any Older Guys have Recommendation for Chiropractor within 20 miles ..

Bushwacker7

Not really an injury, per se - just getting old and getting a lot of kinks and a very stiff neck and upper back. Stiffness = Pain

I'm going for the last week to a chiropractor close to home but NO relief and not very much positive encouragement, either.

I just wish Oprah would step in the middle of my back and make it POP! lol

It's a little further drive, but IMO worth it. Dr. Una Forde (she has a dinky HSOforum online) of Golden Sun Chiropractic is fantastic. She's on 394 and Louisiana Ave.

Back story: I refused going to chiropractors because I think they are mostly crooks bent on getting you to come back by only relieving pain and not fixing the problem. Then about 10 years ago I had a tailbone issue, couldn't sit for more than 15 minutes before extreme pain. Every doctor tried something and nothing worked. A buddy and my soon-to-be wife convinced me a few years later to try Dr. Forde. After 3-4 years of suffering she fixed it in one visit. I haven't felt that pain in about 7 years now. I go back to her about once per year when I throw out my back doing something stupid, like lifting a fallen tree. One visit and I'm feeling normal by the next day. No return visits - although she does recommend "maintenance" visits.

She does holistic healing along with acupuncture, kinesiology, and chiropractic medicine. It's a little weird for my senses, but I don't care how she does it. She fixes things plain and simple and is extremely nice.

I have a problem fron sitting as well. Not 15 minutes but when I am plowing snow for instance after about 3-4 hours the pain in my lower back is horrible. It is slightly on the right side and shoots down into my right leg. I have to constantly stop and get out of the truck and walk around for a bit. Never had this issue until this year. My neck is messed up too if I pull my head down towards my chest and roll it around it feels like a long cord on the left side popping. Also when I get headaches in the back of my head if I turn it slowly from side to side I can hear stuff grinding. Never been to a chiro before but have thought about it lately......I just love getting older.

"I just love getting older"

lol - isn't it great?

When you describe sitting in a car seat for hours, it brings to mind a lower back support made to use in a car seat or chair, at the chiropractors office - it feels great! If you want, I can get the brand name next appt. Just let me know if you're interested.

...the pain in my lower back is horrible. It is slightly on the right side and shoots down into my right leg.
Guys, this isn't a lumbar support issue he's describing. There is something out of whack in there. I've had lumbar issues all of my life and it was never shooting pain down the leg. While it could be a combination of lumbar and other issues, even the greatest lumbar support isn't going to fix the problem. It might be a start in the right direction though

Sciatic issues most likely for the pain shooting down you leg. Look into working on your psoas as it is most commonly the case for sciatic nerve issues. You sound like a compensation machine though. I'd offer help but last time I did that a bunch of overly opinionated mouth breathers tried to chew me apart.

Sciatic issues most likely for the pain shooting down you leg. Look into working on your psoas as it is most commonly the case for sciatic nerve issues. You sound like a compensation machine though. I'd offer help but last time I did that a bunch of overly opinionated mouth breathers tried to chew me apart.

No, us mouth breathers just wanted to know what your training and qualifications to be giving advice like that are. And your advice was flogging some machine that you wouldn't say that you had no economic interest in.

I don't see why anyone would want medical advice from an anonymous person.

Are we starting this again?

Not even sure why you brought it up again DR.J. If you want to sell people on the treatment you should probably keep in mind that you are representing the product every time you post. Little digs at people who have a different opinion than you don't help you at all in the long run. There is already enough bad press out there on the treatment, you don't need to be adding to it.

I have had those that sounded like that, muscles spasms getting to the point of actual knots and messing with nerves. For me, mostly caused by not being flexible, and getting a little extra tense from stress. Could be similar, or maybe not. I went and seen my family doc and said do situp and touch your toes stretching to keep limber. Worked for me. But also need to stay with it abit.

Maybe similar, may not.

You are describing sciatic nerve problems, very common. That nerve is very large and can get pinched where it exits the spine. Quit fooling around on here and get an appointment with an MD. He will make quick work of a diagnosis. A good remedy is an injection at that exit point and you will be good to go.

Don't take MY word for it, even though I have been through it several times. Just don't waste your time in on-line medical nonsense. And don't wander off buying devices, potions and lotions and crawling onto tables where people jerk yer bones around.

Your welcome.

I don't know, I'm speaking from my own personal experience....over the years, I had back issues periodically as I have always led a pretty physical life, in my work and my past times. Some came from auto accidents.

I hurt my back again a few years ago while building a retaining wall out of fieldstone....heavy stuff that fieldstone. It was awfull, terrible pain in the lower back, buttocks and down the leg. Not a pain like a hammer blow to the thumb, or getting poked in the eye, or having your fingers slammed in the door, a different kind of pain that is hard to explain? It is constant and it eats at you day and night and nothing seems to help it.

Well, I toughed it out for about 2 months hoping it would correct itself on it's own and it got to the point where I was just to miserable, always in agony, losing weight, crabby all the time, finally I went to the Chiropractor. I think I was back there for something like 8 sessions and after a couple of them, I thought I was gonna die! Well, not really, but the pain was worse then when I went in and once, the pain was so bad it took me right down and I had to literally crawl the last few feet to my truck out in the parking lot! Everytime I went in there, I could hardly walk when I came out and had to use the building and other vehicles for support.

Finally I went to the doctor and he told me that there was 3 options, cortezone, physical therapy and lastly surgery. He didn't mention Chiropractic. I took the physical therapy and after about 10 sessions I think it was and some home based proceedures, I started feeling better and after about a year I was pretty much back to normal. I get a twinge in my butt cheek and a warning signal in my leg when I do something I shouldn't be doing, but other then that, I've been okay for a couple of years now. I ride bike, go to the gym 3 times a week and have a pretty active schedule when the snow comes, as we do snow removal also. As far as I'm concerned, I think form here on out, I would see a doctor first before I went to a Chiropractor.