• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crab legs in the dishwasher

I'd maybe run it empty with no detergent once or twice before you try this.

And I might crank the knob on the water heater up a notch or two if you aren't getting painful hot water out of the tap.

we sterilize equipment at work in an autoclave. basically a giant pressure cooker. I've heard stories about cooking turkeys in that thing, but no thanks.

I am running it on pots and pans right now a couple times.

My wife is at wits end over this.... she says that it will get wrecked because of the soap in the washer.... I cant drive it through her head that the dishes that we used last night came out of that same dishwasher, and she has no problem eating off those. smile

The dishwasher will be great because I can cook all 5 lbs at one time. I dont have enough big pans to cook it all at one time on the stove.

do a web search on cooking crab in dishwasher

Easiest way to do a quantity is on cake sheets in the oven, a little water in the pan, seal with foil. 15-20 minutes at 375 and you're good to go. The crab legs are pre-cooked and only need to be heated. i used to boil them, they can can waterlogged and you lose the texture, IMO.

Unless you have a nice source being flown fresh to your door anything you buy around here is all cooked anyway. So, it really doesn't matter if you boil, steam, microwave, or throw in the oven you are just warming it up without drying anything out and not actually cooking it. It's all the same. I guess I'm missing the point of the dishwasher. For large quantities- throwing piles of crab on cookie sheets with tin foil over it to hold the steam to warm it up has worked well for me anyway.

I hate cooking crab legs in the house, for some reason, I can still smell it from last time I did it, 3 years ago.

If you have a turkey cooker, they work great, just put enough water in it to reach the bottom of the basket, but not to soak the crab legs, then just steam them for 10 minutes, outside. Where you dont need to smell that you had crab legs for the next couple year.

ON A FLY: I would also consider running the thing empty a time or two before you do this, unless you use lemon scented soap. That's just killing two birds with one stone!

10,000 CASTS: Are you going to fill the soap dispenser with butter?

You guys are too much. That's pretty darn funny smile

Well,,,, the report...

I ran the dishwasher on one cycle of Pots and Pans this afternoon with no detergent obviously. Just to cleanse it more.

Absolutely would NEVER know the difference compared to steamed in the oven or on the stove.

The best part was watching the kids faces when dinner came out of the dishwasher.

I sprinkled a little old bay seasoning on them and wrapped them in 3 layers of foil.

Ran the dishwasher on a regular cycle and it turned out just great.

I didnt take pics...normally I take pics, but I think I was a little giddy over the whole thing. LOL.

I will do it again. Maybe for an Easter feast when the whole family is over.... Priceless seeing the looks on faces taking food outta there. LMAO.

I didnt do this without some feedback. A couple friends said they have done this many times... So I figured it was worth a try.

Might need to try a pork butt on the on the air cleaner of the pickup next!!!

Hockey...That's just hilarious. Glad it worked. I'd definitely pull that one on the family during a get together grin Maybe tell them after they've tried a piece, then ask someone to help you get the rest out of the dishwasher LOL

The manifold on tractors works great to warm up dinner during fall harvest wink