• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Birds helping my health

leechlake

we have never had a bird feeder at home. The wife had one on her Christmas list so I picked up a feeder and a suet cage. I work out of our house and sometimes sit in the kitchen and do work on my computer and frankly spend as much time watching the birds. I'd be willing to wager, literally, that my blood pressure is lower since I started watching the birds while I work. I can tell this is going to turn into my 1,534th outdoor addiction!

i was at a national wildlife refuge office where all the offices faced a view of an open water marsh. trumpeter swans and cygnets swimming around all day long, and otter, and other waterfowl. and then right in front of their windows they had a great bird feeding station. i was pretty jealous!

i was at a national wildlife refuge office where all the offices faced a view of an open water marsh. trumpeter swans and cygnets swimming around all day long, and otter, and other waterfowl. and then right in front of their windows they had a great bird feeding station. i was pretty jealous!

Which NWR was this?

we have an aquarium but the fact they are stuck in a 29 gallon area kind of bums me out for them. I like seeing the birds come and go, the variety of different birds that suddenly appear. In doing the math with one feeder and a suet cage they eat more $$ wise than our lab and golden retriever in a month. At least we don't have to pick up bird [PoorWordUsage] though and it's well worth it for the entertainment they provide.