• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

06' town an country fuel issue

a buddy recently has an issue with his van Ihave made some suggestions (which didnt seem to help) so i will post the issue here to se if any buddy has any suggestions , symptoms include , dead miss , raw gas dripping out of exhaust , and standng fuel in one cylinder. to the point it runs out of the cylinder when plug is pulled, and turned over by hand

it has balanced good compression. , obviuously fuel , and spark , plugs wires and suspected injector have been replaced . the only other thing I see is , you need oxygen to have fire ! is it possible a valve isn't opening due to say a collapsed lifter, worn cam. ect , or excessive fuel pressure , give me your thoughts 06chrysler town and country 3.3l

In order to have that much fuel in the cylinder the injector would have to be open wether mechanically stuck or grounded by the PCM all the time. Sounds like you eliminated the mechanical theory by replacing the injector which was a good start.

Sounds to me like the PCM is grounding the injector for that cylinder. The injectors are fed power all the time by the brown with white wire. The injector is grounded by the PCM which opens it up. the other wire on each injector is the control wire (you didnt mention what cylinder specifically is affected).

A quick test is to unplug the injector and see if raw fuel continues to flow from that injector (a fuel pressure gauge would make this easier because you would be able to watch fuel pressure drop when the injector is leaking). If it does does not allow fuel to flow with it unplugged than your half way there. The next step would be to check the control wire for ground. If it is grounded all the time than unplug the PCM (2 connectors I think and im almost positive its connector 2 that has the control wires for the injectors). If the wire is not grounded anymore than the PCM is bad. If the wire is still grounded with the PCM unplugged than you get to tear into the wiring harness to see where the wire is grounded and repair as necessary.