• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jordan or LeBron?

DrJuice1980

Ha he shut him down in a game that no one else tries in cant really use that to compare anything. You really cant compare these two, your talking about a 6-9 265 pound SF and a 6-6 220 SG if they played one on one Lebron would back him down in the post and use his size and strength to dominate does that mean hes the best ever hardly, does Jordans 6 rings mean hes the best no. They are the best players of there generations hands down just like Wilt was the best players of his generation, if you look at how the game has evolved, adding the 3 point line, adding zone defenses, how they call fouls now compared to Jordans era where you could have your hands all over a person its just way to hard to really "compare" them and say this person is the best ever.

Nobody also wants to get rejected regardless of the circumstances. Jordan had role players LeBron has all stars and Jordan did much more to make everybody around him better. Yeah, yeah, go ahead and talk about his 8 dimes in the 4th quarter the other day but the truth is Jordan dominated whereas the Heat dominate, not just LeBron.

with all this said they should really have a one-on-one showcase during the summer. Put it on ESPN or one of the networks and it would be big time. Everybody always talks about who could take who, well this would be a great idea. Kobe vs LeBron, Rose vs CP3, D.Howard vs his back... It'd be great for the sport and sponsors would chop at the bit.

Pretty sure Lebron dominated in Cleveland with nobody to speak of!

I don't think anybody has played liked LB is playing right now to be honest.

I still give the nod to MJ out of respect.

You can give ring number 2 to Lebron here also and I'll be surprised if the Heat don't win 4 of the next 6 titles easily. Even with all the hype and hope in Okey City.

Go Spurs!

The funny thing hardly anyone ever talks about who was Jordans coach oh yea this Phil guy with 10 rings, who is Lebrons coach Mike Brown and Erik Spoelstra. Its just the Lebron haters not wanting to look at how unreal he really is.

I think they are both egotistical clowns. I wouldnt cheer for either if Jordan was back now. But for some reason, I thought he was the basketball god when I was growing up. Lebron is the same way.

Who is better in their primes? That all depends, is Lebron in his prime? I think they are very similar talent wise, now. But if Lebron continues at the pace he is at now, or gets better, Lebron I think has the edge.

I think Jordan would be fouled out in the first half, and called for traveling on almost every drive to the basket.

Yes, I was getting at the sport is starting to turn into a pansy sport.

I think LeBron is a great athlete and B-Ball player. I think Jordan in his prime is better and in todays NBA he would be even more dominate. I would like to see LeBron put the pads on and play TE/WR, that would be fun to watch.

That would be crazy to see him play TE/WR his size and speed along with him actually being an all state football player in high school

Two good points from today:

PierBridge: Pretty sure Lebron dominated in Cleveland with nobody to speak of!

mrklean: The funny thing hardly anyone ever talks about who was Jordans coach oh yea this Phil guy with 10 rings...

Those two points considered, I still think Jordan was better. James has a lot of years left though and could most certainly be up there. He has the potential and the talent to be the best ever. he isn't yet though.

Fun to watch him play though.

Jordan, Shaq, Magic, Larry are all higher on my list then Lebron.

Lebron needs to win some more championships for this to be a conversation. He has Bosh and Wade, he should win 3-4 in a row.

Tubby Smith could have won championships with Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe.

LeBron the best ever?

No.

Jordan was better. I would say Kobe was better and besides that:

Wilt Chamberlin was born on August 21, 1936, in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Known as "Wilt the Stilt" for his 7' 1" frame, Chamberlin was a Harlem Globetrotter then joined the Philadelphia Warriors. He achieved an average of 30.1 points per game over his career, and holds the records for the most points - more than 30,

– Wilt Chamberlain

000 - scored in one game in addition to being the first NBA player to score 100 points in a single game.

Abdul-Jabbar played the center position and is regarded as one of the best players of all time. He is the all-time leading NBA scorer with 38,387 points, having collected six championship rings, six regular season MVP and two Finals MVP awards, fifteen NBA First or Second Teams, a record nineteen NBA All-Star call-ups and averaging 24.6 points, 11.2 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 2.6 blocks per game.[6] He is also the third all-time in registered blocks (3,189), which is even more impressive because this stat had not been recorded until the fourth year of his career (1974).

On offense, Abdul-Jabbar was an unstoppable low-post threat. In contrast to other low-post dominators like Wilt Chamberlain, Artis Gilmore or Shaquille O'Neal, Abdul-Jabbar was a relatively slender player, standing 7–2 but only weighing 225 lbs (though in his latter years the Lakers listed Abdul-Jabbar's weight as 265). However, he made up for his relative lack of bulk by showing textbook finesse, strength and was famous for his ambidextrous skyhook shot (see below), which defenders found impossible to block. It contributed to his high .559 field goal accuracy, making him the eighth most accurate scorer of all time[22] and a feared clutch shooter. Abdul-Jabbar was also quick enough to run the Showtime fast break led by Magic Johnson and was well-conditioned, standing on the hardwood an average 36.8 minutes. In contrast to other big men, Abdul-Jabbar also could reasonably hit his free throws, finishing with a career 72% average.

On defense, Abdul-Jabbar maintained a dominant presence. He was selected to the NBA All-Defensive Team eleven times. He frustrated opponents with his superior shot-blocking ability, denying an average 2.6 shots a game.

As a teammate, Abdul-Jabbar exuded natural leadership and was affectionately called "Cap"[23] or "Captain" by his colleagues. He was also known for his strict fitness regime, which made him one of the most durable players of all time. In the NBA, his 20 seasons and 1,560 games are performances surpassed only by former Celtics' center Robert Parish.

Abdul-Jabbar made the NBA's 35th and 50th Anniversary Teams, and was named one of the 50 Greatest Players of All Time in 1996.[6]

Bill Russell

Bill Russell was the cornerstone of the Boston Celtics' dynasty of the 1960s, an uncanny shotblocker who revolutionized NBA defensive concepts. A five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and a 12-time All-Star, the angular center amassed 21,620 career rebounds, an average of 22.5 per game, and led the league in rebounding four times. He had 51 boards in one game, 49 in two others, and a dozen consecutive seasons of 1,000 or more rebounds. His many individual accolades were well deserved, but they were only products of Russell's philosophy

Honors: Elected to Naismith Basketball Basketball Hall of Fame (1975); NBA champion (1957, '59, '60, '61, '62, '63, '64, '65, '66, '68, '69); NBA MVP (1958, '61, '62, '63, '65);

Tubby Smith could have won championships with Jordan/Pippen and Shaq/Kobe.

What about Miami then? You aren't saying that Pippen was a better player than D Wade are you? Add in Bosh, Battier, Chalmers, Lewis, and now Allen. If this team doesn't win the championship it would be a total embarrassment. One thing for Lebron though, the way Wade plays I don't know how long he will be able to play at a high level so he better take advantage of the situation while he can.