• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda EU2000 Oil Change

vman11

Question

Last time I changed oil in the generator I put in 5W-30 Mobile 1. I elected to use this based on the temps here in Northern MN.

The first time I ran it the exhaust smoked more than usual for a few hours and eventually cleared up. Seemed odd to me however.

Has anybody else expereinced this? Will Honda's eat the lighter, synthetic oil?

It doesn't seem to be performing any differntly as it starts instantly and applies the necessary power, just want to be on the safe side.

6 answers to this question

I have never had a problem with excessive exhaust, using 5w-30 in mine under cold conditions. As far as oil consumption goes, I always change it after 3-4 outings (it holds such a small amount) and have never noticed it being down.

On a different note I have noticed that when I don't change as often as I do, sometimes I have a hard time getting it to run. It will start, run 15 seconds and kill, 15 seconds kill, etc. It just seems to like fresh oil.

WS

Good feedback. I checked the oil level and it didn't change, which is a good thing. The oil does look pretty dirty though, as it's maybe run 50 hours since my last oil change.

Did the salesman give a recommended oil? Anything 5-30 or 10-30 as long as it's not synthetic?