• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fisherman's Ice Rods (Backwater Eddy)

iffwalleyes

Question

I was woundering if any of you have tried the Fisherman's 30 Inch Cork Ice Rod out. I found them on Eddy's FFO page that he always is talking about $9 for one not to bad. I was just wondering if any of you have had any experiences with this rods. Also Eddy is the Cardinal Spinning Reel EN2F is that equivalent to the 2000 size shimano's or how does their numbering system work?

4 answers to this question

I have not used the rods your looking at, can't say for sure?

I would say they are very likely Berkley blanks that are packaged under a lesser label. The Fisherman's fishing line is Berkley so you get Trilien labeled differently, most likely XL.

The Cardinal Spinning Reel EN2F is a 2000 style reel. If that is the 5 bearing listed, it is a med walleye style reel. Anything that is rated in the 10# range is a fair sized reel.

That is a sweet reel, I like it better then Deadbolts or the Shimano Symetry 2000 series.

I bought one last summer for my 2-year old son to play with in the boat. I haven't used it thru the ice, but the action, from what I can tell, is virtually the same as my Berkley Lightning Rod ice (4-10 lb) light action. The seem like a pretty good value.

I when ahead and ordered one of those 30" Fisherman Cork Rods. I would say that Berekly must have something to do with the blanks because on the rod it says to use 2-10lb trilene. I would say it is probably a medium light action. I have the Lighten Rod 4-10 Medium and it is a stiffer action. Nice little rod for $8.91 don't have to get to upset if they break either. I will be trying it out at LOTW this weekend that will be the true test.

Cool, I thought it was, they are the same "PURE FISHING" product group, just a different marketing label.

Nice stick for the price the way it sounds?

Many times a old run of product technology may be downgraded just because a new and better upgrade is now available, product rotation.

That does not mean it is any less effective then it was last year, right? If it was good then, odds are good it is now. Actually you get the benefit of a years testing to check up on, the net is a valuable tool to do that. If it was junk, somebody will know by then.

You will find lots of great deals like that at the FFO store.

ed-logo.jpg

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 02-07-2003).]