• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Unwanted Cats!!!

Ufatz

In another Forum folks are discussing domestic and feral cats entering their outbuildings and creating a stink. Cat musk can be pretty foul and really get into fabrics and any porous surface.

Other than terminating the cat, is there not a variety of "pest chasing" products on the market that might discourage the cats. Or mink. Or coons.

If you have had solid and easily observable success with one of them would you let us know?

We got 2-3 inches of snow last night so I went down to the barn this morning to get out the snow removal equipment. Still wreaks of cat spray in there, and I know they haven't gotten back in.

Geez, it just rattles my chain!!!! Been at least 10 days since the first "attack" and the smell has barely dissipated at all.

It probably won't either for a while if the barn area is unheated. The tomcats used to use our heat housers in storage for the tractors as target practice about 7 months out of the year . Wasn't a big deal until after you'd put them on the tractor, start it up for chores and get the odor of tomcat spray blowing back on you as the thing warmed up. sick

We have a big male black lab, but he lives in the house with us. He runs and roams the hobby farm a lot during the day, but is in the house at night.

Funny thing, yesterday, while clearing snow, my neighbor, the cat owner, pulls into his driveway at lunchtime. My dog, who is running thru the snow like a blur, runs over to the fence between our properties and just stands there barking at my neighbor.

I think he was saying, "Hey, where are your cats now, bub!?!" laugh