• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NE Nebraska Turkey hunt info

x1957x

Looking for an area to hunt around the Souix City area. Need to know the dates to apply and where. Need to check on getting a map of that area and if a person could hunt the Indian res. Any thing would help me. From the Worthington Mn. area.. Thanks 57

sticknstring, thanks. Is there a sight that you can down load mngt. areas or a book that you can purchase that has all the mngt area's in it. Is that all under public hunting area's in Nebraska hunting web sight? How does a guy narrow it down to the NE zone in the Sioux City area? Thanks 57.

Nebraska has at least two different public land maps on their dnr HSOforum. One is a plain atlas that is broken down into small zones. That map is available online or in a paper copy. In fact I think they usually have it available at the sportmans show in Mpls if you come for that. Otherwise, I'm sure you can order it.

The onther one is an interactive type like google maps and can be very helpful for getting details about the spots and their boundaries using aerial photos and overlays.

NE is a great state to try because they are so welcoming of non-res hunters and make it very easy to do.

Another map that is available is from the Feds on the federal forests but I don't think any of those lands are in the NE corner of the state.

Ive also never hunted the res so I'm not much help there. Mos tof the reservations have their own system for the hunts and tags so look them up and contact them directly.

57 I grew in sioux city live there 40 years and killed a ton of gobblers.Not much public on nebraska side of the river.But winnebago reservation is crawling with turkeys.Was one of the first white men to hunt there.I can try to help if you pm me your number I can call you would be glad to help.Thanks