• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Testing a few decoys

Gordie

I had the pleasure of meeting and testing a few decoys made buy Neighbor_guy a HSO memeber that has never been in a spear house or spearing for that matter.

I got to test drive three decoys and these decoys all swam great and the bullhead decoy even drew in a pike that I managed to get on a little bit of vid time, until I gave the decoy a jig to entice the pike and it got tangled up with the spoon I had down.

Neighbor_Guy told me that he had read and seen the articals from this site and carved according to those instructions and insperations from the carvers we have on this site.

I have to say that these decoys are a Class A in my book.

My next thing is to get N_G out in the spear shack to see it in person and further his addiction.. I know, I know, I'm a enabler in that respect. grin

Again great job on the decoys N_G and it was great meeting you,and I have to thank Wanderer for getting this together.

BTW I think I will have to test these for awhile longer to make sure they work even better grin

full-15313-29540-016.jpg

full-15313-29541-015.jpg

full-15313-29542-017.jpg

th_019-1_zps2d4ac5a5.jpg

Thanks guys. I am realy enjoying putting these together. To see them in the hole being used and actually bringing in fish is even better.

Those who have fished with me before know I have a thing for hot pink/white. Being my first ever attempt at a decoy it only made sence to go that route with the color scheme.

Gordy, thanks for taking the time to play with them. My guess is you get a lot better feel for how they swim and behave than I do swimming them in the hot tub in the garage.

I will have to take you up on the invite some time. Until then, good luck wink

I had to test them this afternoon and they still work very well. I love R & D winkgrin.

I have no vids today but I did have two pike come in after the pink one but they were very fast today or they didnt want to stay in the hole for very long. one of the pike was pushing 12-13 pounds and that one stayed on the outside of the hole but not for long either.

N_G this was a real tough assignment whistle Thanks for the oppertunity to use them The biggest pain of this will be having to return them grin