• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Take A Kid Ice Fishing, SE MN

We are putting together a HUGE Take a Kid ice fishing event on FEB 16th, 2013 @ Chester Woods Park near Rochester. 11AM to 3:00PM

This event is 100% FREE

No lisence required for adults or children. (If you don't have a kid, we will provide you with one)

Park Fee Waived

Free Bait for everyone

Free Food for everyone

Free Buckets for first 150

Free "goodie bag" for first 150

Equipment provided for those that do not have equipment.(limited to first 65 people needing equipment)

Thousands of $ worth of prizes to be given away.

WE ARE HAVING A RAFFLE, HOWEVER THE RAFFLE TICKETS ARE FOR DONATING FISHING AND CAMPING EQUIPMENT...NOT MONEY. DONATE A JIG...GET A TICKET, DONATE A SLEEPING BAG GET XXX TICKETS, DONATE A ROD/REEL GET XXX TICKETS..ETC...

Take_A_kid_Ice_Fishing_flyer.jpg

sponsors_page.jpg

Cub_2.jpg

Started the food shopping today!

I am a big advicate of showing appreciation for the generousity that people and/or companies show, however my appreciation only can go so far...

The next time you are at CUB FOODS in Rochester, please ask for a manager when you are checking out and tell them "thank you" for the donation they gave us and the discount on the items I bought.

This is just the Cub Foods items.

When i went to pick up the the hotdogs from silverlake foods, the 300 hotdogs somehow turned into over 500 hotdogs!

I had set up buns from HyVee, but expected to need buns for 300 hotdogs...So i stopped at the new Safeway foods and they have pledged the remaining 200 buns!

Please be sure to shake the managers hand and give them a "straight in the eye" thank you for the support they have all 4 shown.

I think the clerk that worked the check out lane almost didnt want to charge me when, after ringing everything up, i realized we didnt have the mini marshmellows for the hot chocolate and ran back and grabbed 10 bags of those little gooey balls of wonderful goodness. He said "really?" i told him we cant have kids drinking hot chocolate without mini marshmellows! He then asured me he would be there with his kids and will bringing as many people as he can find.

A new package of goodies just arrived... $1200 worth of PK lures. We have put together 100 PK lure prize packages with these!

A quick run down of all the adult and kid prizes...

Free food, water, pop, hot chocolate, cookies, chips, for everyone...

First 150 get goodie bags with lures, bobbers, decals, line, gift cards/certificates/coupons,hand warmers, Baseball tickets and marketing material from our sponsors, etc...

Prizes:

Gift certificates from MANY MANY places. Movies, food, toys, hotels, etc..

Kid Prizes: ABC Toys package, Lures, rods, reels, Rod/reel packages, Gift cards/certificates, Logo gear,baseball tickets and much more..

Adult prizes: Hotel stays, Buck Fillet knives, Kbar USMC Knife, Collector knife set (wolves), St.croix open water custom made "take a Kid ice fishing" rod worth $150-$200, Bar/rest gift cards, MN Twins memorablia, etc..

Fishing equipment: 13Fish rods and reels. HT tip ups, rod holders, reels, rods, full rod/reel/tackle packages, Misc new rod/reels from donors, etc..

Plus misc items: baseball tickets (400), Hats, shirts and other mics. logo gear from several companies.

Prizes are for all fish caught and big fish, plus some extra fun and games we will do.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.