• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Putting my Lab down

Dbl

Oh my, everyone's thoughts are so much appreciated! Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all. This is the fourth time for me but definitely the hardest. My wife and I spent the night on the living room floor with Wilson, he had a rough night but is resting very comfortably now. There is no doubt he and I are ready for him to start his journey. My family's faces will be the last thing he sees when he goes to rest this afternoon. We will be scratching his head, rubbing an ear, holding his paw and thanking God for bringing us a gift like him. Thank you all for you words of solace and understanding. Rest in peace my best friend Wilson, you will be sorely missed but never forgotten.

Our last hunt together, just the two of us right before Thanksgiving

GOPR0002-XL.jpg

Wilson2-XL.jpg

I truly do feel the pain you are going thru. We just had to put our lab "Gunther" down in October, just before hunting season began. It is exactly like losing a family member. His ashes are above the fireplace until the ground thaws and we can properly bury him at a favorite spot. I will need to look for a new dog soon (as I hunt phesants) but he can never be replaced. We will think of are lost buddies often again as we visit areas again where you had gone previously. Wishing you my best.

I, too, have held a friend while she passed. Oh, but I cried - hard, gagging sobs for Reba and I. Part of the deal when you have a pet, but that said it does little to soften the sense of loss one feels when they are gone.

Tough. Tough.