• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NAvionics on Ipad

Farley

Question

My uncle downloaded the Navionics map app for his ipad but I've tried and tried but cannot get the current position to show up. He uses a mobile hotspot (Verizon). I've checked every setting I can think of in the app and in the "Settings" on his ipad. Nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

8 answers to this question

Ipad with 3G (internet standalone compatible w. GPS)

Ipad with WIFI (will only work with a net connection and has no GPS)

Depending on what you have, which i suspect is the WIFI version since you are using it with a phone, will not work for your needs.

The only way you can per say "link" the ipad to the iphone is by setting up both devices using the same apple ID, even then I don't think you can truly achieve what you want due to limited GPS capabilities from the WIFI version.