• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS tracking device

Nisswaguy

After hearing recent reports of wheelhouses being stolen, I'm considering purchasing a GPS tracking device to hide somewhere in/on my wheelhouse to protect my investment. Does anyone currently use one? If so, which one and how do you like it?

Heard some guy on the radio bought a boot for his car tire off eeeeeebay like the police use so people could not steal it. With one of those you would not have any worries what so ever and would not have tk go through the troubld of finding it.

Just saw there about $50 +/- on eeeebay

SPOT locator beacons have been out there for some time a basic SPOT locator will probably do what you want, I think they are something like $50 for the device, then a yearly subscription which isn't too bad considering what some folks have tied up into these fish houses these days.

I'm not sure what the battery life is on these though, a person should find that out.

full-623-29565-spot.jpg

yep...I suppose they could take off the tire crazy

I guess I'd try other thing before GPS. Tire lock, tongue lock, winch lock. If it's too much work, their not going to do it.

...and if their willing to take the tire off and have a spare on hand, it just wasen't meant to be!