• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nells-Bells Ice fishing weekend

Boar

I got to take keven nelson AKA Nells-Bells an his son peter ice fishing for their winning photo entry in the Archery photo constest. After a few phonw calls back an fourth we were able to put togehter a weekend on Lake O Woods Jan. 26-27 Peter had practice on friday the 25th so they could not get up to warroad til the mourning of the 26th. So I prety much had everything rocking an rolling as the made their debute on the ice about 10:30 sat. morning, which was just fine cause they didnt miss much before then. After a few hand shakes an howdy do's I had holes punched for them an thier house warm an ready to go. Then to start it of Peter Hits a great fish of 19 inches, awsome way to start off the day. Keven was able to get his rod bent on nice 17 in walleye later in the day but as I had high hopes for better fish it certainly was fishing an not catching, they managed to ice a few smaller ones to throw back but nothing worthy of the frying pan, they did put up a bnus perch wich helps the number. But its not all about the numbers as it was a gergeous weekend up ther an with a full moon on LOW its as pretty as mother nature can get. I checked in on them from time to time as i had my house right next door, but pretty much let them do their thing an enjoy this opportunity togehter on LOW. I managed to add totheir bag limit with some bonus perch an some nice saugers, so they were head home with garunteed fish for sure.

Sunday morn. came an I had Ibetter hopes for the fish to turn on wich it didnt, again it was a tough bite lots of fish on the vexilar, lot of sniffers but no commiters. Kevin an peter manged a couple more fish an so did I so the pile was growing for them to go home with several good meals of fish. Around 10:00 am keven an i talked an he decided that since it was a beutifull day that to try a nother spot in the portable sounded good so we got together with a freind of mine an pointed them in a direction to try, but as it turned out it was nbot ment to be, Peter managed a tullibee an that was about it for the fish. with the long drive back home they didnt give it to much longer an we decided to part ways. If I remeber my count right, Kevin an petter went home with 8 saugers an 4 walleys, just four short of their limet, but the four bonus perch made up for it. Kevin, it was great fun, Im really glad you had the opportunity to join me for some fishing with yur son, an peter gets big fish of the trip award. It was my pleasure to have you fish with me for the weekend. full-2178-29452-img_0461.jpg

full-2178-29453-img_0463.jpg

full-2178-29454-img_0464.jpg

full-2178-29455-img_0465.jpg

Thanks very much for posting this, boar. It sounds like the bite wasn't great, but you guys still managed to scrape together enough fish to keep the guys interested. Thanks again for doing this boar- very, very cool of you.

Kevin and Peter, I hope you guys had a great time!

I want to give a huge thank you to Jeff (aka Boar) for allowing us to come to Lake of the Woods fishing with him. We had a great time! Jeff did an awesome job of taking care of us.

Its not about how many fish you catch but more about the quality time we get to spend together doing the things we both love to do, like hunting and fishing. The memories of this trip will last a lifetime...well, unless I really do have alzheimers like my wife thinks I do. crazy

The added bonus was that we came home with some meals of fish.

Scoot - a big thanks to you again for putting this photo contest together and selecting us for this prize.

Here is a photo of the 3 of us in front of one of Jeff's friends snow machine.

full-1027-29504-lakeofwoodsresize.jpg