• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best way to clean and cook.......

bassNspear

gut em gill em grill em

Fillet them season them grill them slowly on low heat and with a little smoke or

filleted and set on tinfoil with butter,lemon pepper and onions wrap up tinfoil and put in 350 degree oveen for abot 20 min or until flakey do not let get over done as they will dry out. You can also do this on the grill.

Good luck

split down the belly.. snap the head back and pull the head towards the tail and the skin will come right off the meat.. clean out the blood line on the spine.. and grill.. bake... etc.. trout are probably the easiest fish to clean out there

Can honestly say I've tried all the above and am not impressed with any.

Fillet like a walleye or crappie, leave the skin on, and smoke em. Nothing better than smoked trout! Nothing.

I'm with everyone but Don and Len grin Up the belly, off with the head, lose the blood line, season and grill/bake.

I like to brush the skin with a little oil/butter, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and some lemon slices. Wrap in aluminum foil and throw it on the grill.

Two questions:

1.) For those leaving the skin on - do you scale them?

2.) For those filleting them, do you bother with the "pin bones"?

No scales, no scaling. The reason I butter or oil the skin is to get it a little crispy, it's delicious that way. Once it's cooked, the bones pull right out.

Can honestly say I've tried all the above and am not impressed with any.

Fillet like a walleye or crappie, leave the skin on, and smoke em. Nothing better than smoked trout! Nothing.

You know Don you are correct . That is my favorite way

I have the big sized Arctic Creel.

Gut them on stream and place guts in zip lock bag.

place fish and guts in creel.

The front side of the creel has another zipped area that I put 2 or 3 cold packs in it before I leave home.

cold packs and fish are in separate areas.