• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish house frame from Miltona Blacksmith

fishingman80

i am looking to get a drop down fish house frame from miltona blacksmith. for the most part it will be just me ice fishing. what would be a good size fish house frame to get?

fishingman80, two thoughts:

1) When you're fishing, you'll never say to yourself "the house is too big", the extra room is nice, and you never know when you'll have a guest or two. 15 years ago when I decided I was going to have a wheelhouse, I had a frame made 6x8 - you don't know how many times I've said to myself that "I wish I had six more feet of room".

2) Flat front vs. V front isn't that big of a deal if you're just towing it locally on 20 mile trips but if you start taking 100 mile trips, it is a bigger deal. I did go with a V front on my second house because the wife wanted an indoor peeing spot. If thats what it takes to get her with...

Good luck on your build!!

My father in law and I built a house last year. 8x16 frame came from Miltona as well. I wish we would have gotten the v-front as I want to take it on some trips but we figured we'd try this first and sell it if we didn't like it. So far, the house is awesome to fish out of. I'm the only one to have spent the night and it was plenty big for me. Three might get tight.