• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cool Cats sure was a lot of fun!

DTro

Big thanks to Borch for hosting it and to everyone for their eager participation and donations.

It was a strange bite this year. In past years, the early birds got the fish, but we struggled mightily this year as the sun came up. Folks stated moving around to find fish and I even packed up and went to a different lake to try and get some fish for the fry.

I missed on my "cant miss spot", but to my delight when I returned the group had found the school of fish and were into them pretty good. I sure was happy to see people having fun!

I started cleaning fish, and before I knew it, they were piling up faster than I could clean them, not only that, but the fish I was cleaning were freezing in process. I think I must have cleaned about 25 fish.

As that was happening I was also trying to also keep track of the big fish of the day as I had some prizes.

Duffman brought in the first biggest one that weighed in at a stellar 2.95lbs. I thought that one would hold, but then Harvey Lee brought in 2 bigger fish, one at 3.27 and one at 3.54. The bar had been set again. A short time later, another contender was brought in and I couldn't believe what happened.... his fish weighed in at exactly 3.54lbs...a tie. crazy

I said, "well someone better go catch a bigger one" and sure enough about 20 min later here comes TomSawyer ...with one that crushed the previous lead at 5.05lbs.

Congrats on the nice fish to all!

After that the bite tapered off a bit, but I think those that put some effort into moving around were rewarded with a few fish while the school was active and the ladies even got into the action!

oh and yeah the Meth Hole is still there. smile

Thanks again and see ya next year

coolcats_zps785c945c.jpg

coolcats2_zps9f380afc.jpg

coolcats3_zps52c0d411.jpg

coolcats4_zps352e5fa5.jpg

coolcats5_zps3acffab0.jpg

coolcats6_zps6828fcc5.jpg

coolcats7_zps38a1c647.jpg

009_zps9acec818.jpg

010_zps90111bac.jpg

Got to see some old friends and made a bunch of new ones.

Early on I have to admit , I was a bit worried when no one was catching them. Good thing Borch went exploring with the auger wink when all was said and done it was a pretty good day.

Thanks for the recap Darren. It was definitely a lot of fun! Also thanks to Brian for bringing the big fish trophy plaque. It was very nice. Always seems like I do a lot more talking than fishing. With such good folks there it seems like the best option.

This nevent was as fun or more than all the others.

Seemed all I did was fish for close to 10 hours and did not talk much, rare for me.

I took a hard spill on the ice and my shoulder is not good. May have to go to the hospital tomorrow as I can hardly move it and cannot lift it at all.

Oh well, that's what happens when one forgets thier ice cleats. I hope I did not dent the ice when I tipped over.

This nevent was as fun or more than all the others.

Seemed all I did was fish for close to 10 hours and did not talk much, rare for me.

I took a hard spill on the ice and my shoulder is not good. May have to go to the hospital tomorrow as I can hardly move it and cannot lift it at all.

Oh well, that's what happens when one forgets thier ice cleats. I hope I did not dent the ice when I tipped over.

Hope you're feeling better soon Tom. Falling on the ice rarely ends well.

good to meet you Rick, we were stuborn and stayed where we were lol

Same here..Should have moved a bit more north, but had a great time. nice meeting some old friends and making new ones too! Managed a small eye this morning around 5:30. Made it home just now to the freezing rain ..ishta.. can't wait till next year !

Sure wish I could've made it up there yesterday. Like Brian, I was working as well. Looks like you guys had fun, with a few cats to boot. Tom, sorry to hear you took a spill, ill keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

I think Eric's wife outfished him too. wink

I was actually surprised how many fish everyone caught. I had to put an end to fish coming in to clean. I couldn't keep up and we had more than enough. In fact a few people got to take some home.

Myself?

I put up my house and never drilled a hole. smile

Hope your shoulder is OK Tom, that was a nasty spill.

Since I planned on joining the event I figured I would become a member here (first post). To be honest I had more fun than I thought I would. Thank you to the creators and contributors.

The goods: Arrived a bit late friday night to the meth hole and struggled...

Saturday morning we arrived a bit late and met papa grump looking for a report from friday night. Very nice guy and his lady friend! Brian pointed out where I should go and BOOM grin caught around 10ish while trying to keep warm in the cold. Decided to move to a quieter haunt for the sunset bite and did quite well!

Sunday we went to spot #3 of the weekend and it was gringringrin

More fuel for the catfish addiction grin I can't wait to get back there and I just got home!

Looks like I might have to invest in one of those Auqua-Vu micros. The vehicle fobs on my keys were probably worth the price of one, plus the gas money and grief from the old lady for coming and bringing me a my spare.......that wouldn't have been good. smile

When pushbutton and I were trying to figure out where to drill the next hole to get at them, catfish were swiming by all the time on the camera and then we both said in unison "Oooooo a crappie". smile

Fun time, even with the mishap.

Bacon wrapped goodness......

Whole canned water chestnuts.

Soak them in teriyaki sauce for a few hours.

Roll them in sugar.

Wrap in bacon and stick 'em a toothpick.

Bake until they look tasty. wink

While cleaning my catfish on Sunday I finally got a chance to measure them properly. The best three between me and my dad were 21", 20" and 19". I didn't weigh them. All the rest were in the mid-teens for length. Haven't cooked any yet, I think we will be having some for dinner tonight.

and then we both said in unison "Oooooo a crappie". smile

Hi-light of the day for me! You know your down with the sickness when you get distracted by a fish swimming next to your truck keys ....and when we both did it at the exact same time it was just hilarious. Similarly, glad you did not have to get "that" look from Mrs Duffman ...we all know that look ....this one would have been extra special grin